Tarot Cards Dangerous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tarot Cards Dangerous?

Anything can be "dangerous". Soup is dangerous if it goes down the wrong way. Video games are dangerous if you obsessively play them to the detriment of other activities like going to work.

The greatest "danger" of tarot cards is that people might rely on the card for answers. If you are faced with the question of "Sushi or Italian" and your response is to pull out your deck, you might want to rethink things. A related "danger" is when reading for yourself that you don't "read into" the cards what you want to see. Being objective and honest with yourself is NOT easy. But when in doubt, you could have someone else read for you.
    "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by lunaciex View Post
      i am interested in getting some tarot cards, but before i do i was wondering if they could perhaps be dangerous? like a ouija board can be dangerous kind-of-thing.
      Not really. Tarot cards are, like most forms of divination, largely about perception. The only danger is in yourself reading them too literally and making important decisions based off them. Vague card readings are no excuse for bad judgement.

Now, the whole ouija board thing...yeah, I don't believe that crap for a second. It's a toy, always has been a toy, and I severely doubt that it can channel anything or become dangerous. The biggest danger they pose is someone whacking you over the head with one.

Comment

Ditto with what others have said. Granted i'm still a beginner with tarot but I haven't had any bad problems with them yet. As long as you realize that the future is always in motion and changing, there for sometimes making a reading invalid even if it was right at that moment, like that yoda quote mentioned, it'll be fine. It's the person using them really, what for etc. as has been said. If you're not one to put yourself in bad situations or make bad judgement based on cards I think they can be a great useful tool. I feel our future is always changing, whether we realize it or not, with that in mind I don't see a problem. A simple decision that seems mundane can change the course of your life.

Comment

Larkin, that's a great cleansing ritual. Thanks for sharing it!

Comment

Originally posted by lunaciex View Post
            i am interested in getting some tarot cards, but before i do i was wondering if they could perhaps be dangerous? like a ouija board can be dangerous kind-of-thing. has anyone had any bad experiences with tarot cards? thankyou in advance
            Like many things they are only bad if they take over your life, ultimately you are the force that drives your life, not the gleanings of cards.

Comment

There is really nothing I can say here that hasn't already been covered by previous posters. Tarot cards are just that, cards - they hold no spirits or entities within them, and it is not necessary to "call on" anything to use them. They are probably the safest tools you could use. Don't let a completely outdated view on them bend your associations.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X