X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Druid Cleaning ritual

Any Advise on how to perform one?

Re: Druid Cleaning ritual

I'm not a reconstructionist by any means, but I do try to be informed. To my knowledge, no authentic Druidic rituals were preserved. There are people who practice Druidry, and probably some on this site, who I'm sure use some kind of ritual, but so far as I know, anything claiming to be Druidic is a more recent invention.

Now, that's not to say that what they do doesn't work or is lacking in practical merit; only that it is unlikely to have any historical linkage to whatever Druids actually practiced.

Comment

What do you want to cleanse?
      Like your home in a winter style spring clean or your ritual tools or yourself...?

I think in a round about way tiger has a point. Im no fan of recon myself but Old druid stuff doesnt exist so what a druid does can be fairly folkish. Saining for example. This isnt folk tradition but its an example of what a druid may do. Particularly relating things to deity and asking for a blessing. Theyre bigger on that then other forms of neopaganism.

Comment

From what I've read if you are looking for anything historical you can always turn to the writings of julius caesar, who did have first hand contact with gallic druids. Keep in mind anything he wrote is tinged with his own political and personal agendas, but he also just wasn't privy to certain things. There are a few things preserved, just take it with a grain of salt I suppose. That said if you aren't too choked up about some modern forms druidry there are sites out there with some basic information, many of them may not be immediately accessable, and don't pay $50 just to find a ritual please!
        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
        X