Your rituals for this autumn equinox 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your rituals for this autumn equinox 2012

I had several occasions to read articles about pagan celebrations, official and non-official ones, especially about spring equinox and autumn equinox.

As i found them very full of meaning, now i'm interested in learning more about your own rituals for this next autumn equinox on 23th september. What do you think of doing ? When ? How ? And what are your expectations from this special day ?

Re: Your rituals for this autumn equinox 2012

I wont do any neopagan rituals Ill head to Cairn T at Loughcrew. The Office of Public Works have it open here for visitors specially for the equinox. Its a stone age passage tomb/cairn with a roofbox aligned to the equinox sunrises so light travels up a passage and into a chamber deep inside the hill to illuminate a stone decorated with a specific type of non representational art.

I expect it to be cold and for there to be people from all walks of life in all shapes and sizes there. I dont see a need for artificial sacred spaces and covens on days when theres a sacred landscape and community there to be celebrated.

Comment

Some pics from this mornings equinox

Comment

Beautiful! I spent a little bit of time in the woods this morning, just listening, and expressing my gratitude.

Comment

Indeed, really beautiful. i've always found Ireland very mysterious and alluring. I've been there once and i seriously think of going there again.

I guess it's a bit chilly at this time of the year. Thank you for sharing these pics James

callmeclemens, humble way, i like that.

Comment

I posted about our ritual here but it was short and sweet. The longer version is that we made libation to the trees and in the harvested fields to give thanks for the bounty, then came back home to perform a ritual to thank the gods, the spirits and the ancestors. We expressed what we were grateful for, and made offerings, and concentrated on finding balance in our lives. But most of the ritual ended up being chaotic and hasty because the babies were tired from a long day... Oh! I forgot entirely to mention that we spent the morning at the Orchard outside of town to get some apples and pumpkins together.

Comment

Nice one Raphaeline. With some practise, i'd like to do such celebrations. I don't know much about pagans, that's why i'm on this forum, to learn more.

Thank you for sharing

Comment

Working...
              X