Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yeah, just put that up there with the others.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, just put that up there with the others.

I heard my sister talking about what happened in her school. A lesbian girl was beat by a large football player. Why? Because she's lesbian, can't have that right?

The girl suffers a fractured jaw.

Oh wait it gets better.

The school gave the girl a mark on her permenant record - for assault. Why? She pushed the over 200lb athelete, because he was saying nasty things.

Oh waaaaaiit it get better.

The sheriff responding to this case not only told the girl he'd be taking the side of the player. But, he also told this girl she deserved it.

What punishment did this athelete get for beating this girl for her sexual preference? Five days suspension.

I've already lost a lot of faith for humanity so this is another punch in the negatives.
    By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
    -Confucius

Blog

Re: Yeah, just put that up there with the others.

That is absolutely shocking! That this kind of thing happens in supposedly 'civilised' nations, chills me to the bone.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Saw this story on facebook last week, from some school in California. The link went to an unrelated story.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Perhaps I got swept into my sisters gullibility. I'd be shocked if it was in Cali. Sadly I believed it since I live in NC.

The state where you can legally marry at age fourteen if it is the father of the baby you are carrying you are marrying. You can also marry your second cousin.

But no gay marriage, 'cause that's icky.
        By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
        -Confucius

Blog

Comment

To tell the truth California is not always as open minded and accepting as most think,there are pockets of very redneck places in the Central valley. If you go to San Francisco,it is very diverse,and very excepting of many different lifestyles. Other parts can be as backward as the VERY deep south. I grew up in California in the 50's and 60's.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

For the record - nobody gets beat up or assaulted because they are gay or lesbian.

People get beat up or assaulted because there are thugs and a-holes out there who enjoy doing that sort of thing. "Gay" or "lesbian" is simply the excuse they use.

If it wasn't gay or lesbian, it would be something else... like skin color, or religion, or body shape, or any of the other infinite number of possible variations in the human beings.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              For the record - nobody gets beat up or assaulted because they are gay or lesbian.

People get beat up or assaulted because there are thugs and a-holes out there who enjoy doing that sort of thing. "Gay" or "lesbian" is simply the excuse they use.

If it wasn't gay or lesbian, it would be something else... like skin color, or religion, or body shape, or any of the other infinite number of possible variations in the human beings.
              ^yep, Corbin knows the actual problem. A-holes and bullies are always sorta gonna be what they are, they will find an excuse. I think thast the part that buggers me is that the school condones it. Western civilization likes to tout their high and mighty philosophies, but people are doing the same crap that they have been doing for time immemorial. probably aint gonna change eigther. I think we just find new "justifications for the crap we as humans do, and new ways to get upset...
              (comming from the same person whofreaks out over heartless neglect so, yeah...)
              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

It's terrible that this happens. It sucks but I learned as a young gay guy that you gain nothing by being "out", when you're young (under 25) you're always in the wrong. One of the important things when you're in this position is never retaliate, it's hard but, it's what you need to do to "win" any cases in this bigoted country.

Name and shame is all we can do now!

Comment

Working...
                X