I Need a Spell: Karmic and Other Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Need a Spell: Karmic and Other Questions

Hey PF, this seems a little odd, I think, coming from me, but I'd like some tips on crafting some spells, particularly a warding spell, I suppose. I know very little about crafting spells, but I've finally found a circumstance wherein I'm ready to try one. I want to write my own, though, so I thought I would ask for some tips. I'm going to describe the situation as non dramatically as possible and then highlight my concerns, and I thank you in advance for your patience and any advice you might have, since were it not for PF, I rather doubt I'd even think to do a spell.

Situation:
    My housemates, a couple, have been grating on my partner and I for a very long time--normal BS: cleaning, general maintainence of the property, participation in communal work, violations of our lease, etc. (before you ask why I'm not talking to my landlord, I'm trying to, but he's making it difficult, and I'd like a magical boost here). Also, it's become clear that the male--He--is just a straight up jerk. To everyone.
    Recently, however, it's become blindingly clear that they're both criminal liars. He lies about the most petty, pithy, inane things, and She, well, She openly told me She was seeing someone else. This latter ongoing lie emerged when I confronted Her about really hating Him and all His silly lies, which I did a week after my boyfriend confronted Her about the same matter, emphasizing that we wanted them to leave because of household delinquence but needed them to leave because we couldn't tolerate this lying nonsense. Both of these confrontations included Her saying that yes, She needed to dump Him, and that She was seeing another person.
    Concerns:
    I'm not sure where to aim my spell or whether or not to do two. I want to ritualize my desire that they leave and are unwelcome here. At the same time, I think they would leave more organically if their relationship rightfully combusted. It's honestly painfully obvious even without the confession that She's cheating on Him, and it's equally clear that He's a lying son of a gun. So would that be the appropriate direction? A spell to expose these hideous lies? Or should I design it to just shoo them away in a more vague sense?

In particular, I'm a great believer in karma. I don't want to do something that will come back to haunt me, but I really just want to turn up the heat on their karmic meters, so to speak, in that I feel the truth needs desperately to come through to these two.

Then again, I really just want them out of my damn house.

Components I'm Considering:

I'd like to keep this fairly simple.

Candle(s)
    Written spell
    Possibly something of theirs, particularly an artifact from one of their lies (for instance, they quit smoking together, but She smokes while He's out, inactively lying, and I'm sure I could be one of those)

I feel sort of ridiculous, but there you have it. I'm also about some broom magic if that's something you'd recommend. My mother in law just started crafting brooms, so I could use a proper (and new) one. Again, thanks if you have advice on spellcrafting and karmic/ethical opinions!

Re: I Need a Spell: Karmic and Other Questions

Just a couple of things:

Do not aim your spell towards or otherwise upon them. The manipulation of others is not okay. It would be better worth your efforts to boost your own resilience and try something that speeds up communication between you and your land lord (note, not focused toward your landlord- just on the letter writing/phone calls getting where they need to go and when it will be the most advantageous for you).

Also, you may want to look into the color associations, maybe look into candle oil consecration (I think there are other threads about this around here somewhere), and figure out what symbolism speaks to you about your current situation and what you want to accomplish.

Sorry I'm not much help, my pathway is somewhat different than what you're looking for.

Comment

Unless the lies are threat to you or those under your protection, you don't necessarily need to end them. Just banish the idiots. If you're worrying about Karma then don't use more force than necessary to get past the problem. Banishing removes them from your life and leaves everything else to them. Ending their collective charade isn't guaranteed to help put distance between you and them and will leave you to deal with the mess if they stick around.

If their lies are a threat, shrug, improve ties with the landlord and cast that he may see the situation clearly. Lease violations should be more than enough to bring him onto your side and he's got a bigger stick in this situation than you do.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
        Unless the lies are threat to you or those under your protection, you don't necessarily need to end them. Just banish the idiots. If you're worrying about Karma then don't use more force than necessary to get past the problem. Banishing removes them from your life and leaves everything else to them. Ending their collective charade isn't guaranteed to help put distance between you and them and will leave you to deal with the mess if they stick around.

If their lies are a threat, shrug, improve ties with the landlord and cast that he may see the situation clearly. Lease violations should be more than enough to bring him onto your side and he's got a bigger stick in this situation than you do.
        I tend to agree with this^ but I will caution you to read your lease too (spells aside for a moment) Find out if termination of one party from the lease terminates all parties, and make sure that without them you and your partner still qualify for the apartment. If finding a spell that removes their presence from the apartment/house does not include removing you from the apartment/house too. (this could also come up as a karmic issue too)

Alot of my advice here would be dependent upon your personal morals and beliefs. I would think along the lines of cleansing discordant energies from your life and space. I would avoid trying to influence them directly, unless their actions have or will put you or a loved one in danger. (Self defense is ok) Maybe banishing them completely is unnecessary, they are people and they can be fluid. I would reccommend starting simple and small, communication between you and landlord being quite important. also communication between the two of them would be good for the whole situation. but think more on the lines of opening communication rather than forcing it.

in mundane aside have you tried confronting your "HIM"? He may be a liar, but if you bring it up he may become petty enough to decide he doesn't want to deal with you and leave, just remember to know your lease and local renting rights! It matters!
        sorry if I was a bit vague, but how you actually do the spell is a bit more up to you depending on which way you decide to go.
        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I like the banishing idea. See, we thought they were fluid, but it's been nearly eight months of trying to work together and failing. It's like living with farce incarnate.

So if I were to "banish the idiots," wording I so approve of, does anyone have advice on focus objects/components?

And to be clear, we can stay if they go, but our landlord is just a young graduate like us, five years' our senior, and it shows, since it's difficult to get ahold of him. He's way out of state, too.

Also to clarify, my beliefs say these two should already be burning in a karmic hell of their making. Additionally, I feel they should have noted it was a bad idea to lie baldly in front of me (it's terrible--they even lie to each other when I obviously know the truth. Wtf? Like that's okay?) when, before we moved in together, I emphasized past experiences with that sort of thing that enraged me to no end. In any case, I'd call my illustration of this rate pretty fair warning as to my standing on the subject. In short, I'm pretty okay with them getting a stick with a very short end. Mostly, though, I want them to see clearly, compulsively, undeniably, that they do not belong where they are. That has a lot of applications, but obviously getting them out of my house is a priority.

I mean, I want to banish them, yes, but I want to be sure my spell doesn't cause some sort of tragic way for that to transpire. The universe can be cruel and unforgiving. I'm angry, but I don't want them to suffer unnecessarily. I just want them to face the facts, because they really have very clearly gotten the message that we are unhappy for valid reasons, but I need for them to see that it has become unmendable, and there is no more sympathy left to feel for them.

Comment

From my experience karma's not something you get to dole out when you think it's due. If that were the case, man oh man! Lots of folks would have gotten their dues long ago.

I too like the banishing idea, but I'd probably aim for banishing the "bad vibes". I've found that a simple spell to clear negative energy seems to make those folks run for the hills. Basically I think the basic black candle, white candle type of spell should work.

Also, heed the awesome advice you got about handling it in a mundane way. It's not as fun and full of less pomp and ceremony, but sometimes you have to cast the healing spell and take the aspirin to cure a headache
            my etsy store
            My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
            surrounded by plush, downy things,
            ill prepared, but willing,
            to descend."

Comment

Firstly I would suggest cleansing. The psychic atmosphere around you sounds like sludge. Start with that in order to see more clearly. Do this several times if necessary.

Then work out exactly what is - and isn't necessary - to get them to move on and out of your life. Personally I would use my breath, because that's the way I work, but I appreciate others have different methods.

This couple may be building up thought forms which are making the situation worse. They may be feeding on the atmosphere created (and vice versa). I would also recommend repairing your own auric field before doing any spell work, since for all you know it has been damaged.

Never rush into spells - often what we really need is something we never thought of at first.
              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Thanks for all the advice! I am liking the basic cleansing of myself and the space. And I'm certainly pursing the mundane way of doing things, but I want the aspirin as well as the homeopathic crunchy treatment. For some reason, I feel absolutely compelled to ritualize my desire to get them out. I've never really felt this way before, and I've certainly never attempted anything like this, but at this point, a little magic and intention seems appropriate.

Thanks all! And Tylluan, glad to have your advice; I was hoping you would chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post

I would also recommend repairing your own auric field before doing any spell work, since for all you know it has been damaged.
                  This isn't a concept I've come across directly before sooo....

I'm going to bug you about it. What type of damage would be probable and what are some of the general effects?
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    This isn't a concept I've come across directly before sooo....

I'm going to bug you about it. What type of damage would be probable and what are some of the general effects?
                    I'm not Tylluan, but I know what she's talking about. When you interact with people, places, or things you tend to exchange energies, for the lack of a better term. This can affect your energies both in a positive or negative way depending on the energies.
                    my etsy store
                    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                    surrounded by plush, downy things,
                    ill prepared, but willing,
                    to descend."

Comment

www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Maybe it isn't the same thing, but around this time last year, I used a house cleaning ritual to make it mine. I didn't dislike my roommate and I knew she was in a position where she could move in with her wealthy partner and have a better quality of life than the one she had sharing a flat with me. I just wanted to settle down. I was tired of not being able to work out because my room was too small and the girl I was sharing with just liked to lie on the sofa in her dressing gown watching back to back soaps and reality shows. I worked nights, so was sleeping while she was at work, and woke to her slobbing in front of the TV. I didn't mind, but I paid almost half the running costs of the place but had less than half the space she did. It really just strated to grate on my nerves a bit.

So, I lit a candle, lit some joss and spent the best part of 3 hours scrubbing every part of the flat. Whenever I came to a new part, I repeated a little chant. I forget the exact wording, but it was something about the flat becoming my own.

It took 9 months to work, and came at the worst possible time as JP was out of work and we didn't really have enough savings behind us, but we did it somehow. Michelle is loving her new life with her boyfriend. She has expensive tastes and the money to indulge them now. JP and I are really very happy. Money is tight and we had to cancel our plans to travel next year, but we have everything we could need right here and it's hard to imagine being happier.

So, my spell was on the property, not a person and it seemed to have worked. It's something to consider in the designing of your spell.

Good luck. It really sounds like a horrible situation so I hope you manage to resolve it quickly!
                        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Thanks for the info Tylluan, Caelia.

Comment

Thanks for the tip about cleansing the property, Jem.

As for auric damage and all... Many of you are probably aware that I'm not the kind of magic believer who immerses myself in a lot of terms or, for instance, some sort of disagreement about how many colors are in an auric spectrum. But it doesn't take a whole lot of belief in anything to see that everything here is spiritually broken. Household nonsense can be abrasive to me, but this whole thing is making me disproportionately affected, with sadness and anger among other feelings, and it's definitely due to some sort of, as was said, sludge, in the atmosphere here.

I've learned a little about sealing myself off from psychic damage from my cunning folk mother though, and I'm going to do that when they get home and every morning after that. I hope to do some self-cleansing tomorrow night and then will plan my approach to the space for Monday.

The omens look right, though. Things are fraying visibly in their relationship, we're gaining an increasingly close relationship with neighbors (the only thing that holds real weight for my landlord), and I just got a new job that would actually allow me to pay for the increase in rent we'd incur if they left. The time is nigh!

Comment

Working...
                            X