Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are American voters brain dead,or do politicans think we are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are American voters brain dead,or do politicans think we are?

This just "Blows my mind" Mitt Romney says something,and then in a few days he says he did not say it,even though it is on video for all to see if they wish. Do politicians really believe that the American people are that stupid? This might have worked in much later years where there was little access to past positions,but we live in a 24/7 world where we need only do a google search to recall what he said yesterday. It almost seems that politicians haven't understood just what the video revolution is,and its politics of yesterday where you can deny what you said after you said it. If this type of political game still works then I say "Fool me once,shame on you,fool me twice,shame on ME!)
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Are American voters brain dead,or do politicans think we are?

I think they're the ones who are brain dead and their advisers have been nodding off. Either way, it doesn't matter to me how much of a clod Mitt Romney (and Barack Obama, too) can be since I'm not voting for either of them.
    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
    -Erik Erikson

Comment

As long as you are voting for someone,not voting at all is in a way giving up completely.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        As long as you are voting for someone,not voting at all is in a way giving up completely.
        Gary Johnson, FTW.
        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
        -Erik Erikson

Comment

You know, I hear Ziltoid has a compelling platform...(NSFW link):

my etsy store
          My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
          surrounded by plush, downy things,
          ill prepared, but willing,
          to descend."

Comment

Yes,but does he have the support of the Slime king?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              Yes,but does he have the support of the Slime king?
              He doesn't need it :P
              my etsy store
              My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
              surrounded by plush, downy things,
              ill prepared, but willing,
              to descend."

Comment

YES, and unfortunately we keep proving them right.

When a reporter covering one of the uprisings in(I forget which one)one of the former Soviet Unions states he ask an anti-government solders if he thought the American people would someday rebel against their government too. He laughed and said "No, fat complacent people never do." He had attended a university here and felt he knew us well enough to say that. unfortunately he maybe right.
                Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post

When a reporter covering one of the uprisings in(I forget which one)one of the former Soviet Unions states he ask an anti-government solders if he thought the American people would someday rebel against their government too. He laughed and said "No, fat complacent people never do." He had attended a university here and felt he knew us well enough to say that. unfortunately he maybe right.
                  Of course he's right. When people are well fed and satisfied with their life (i.e.: "fat and complacent"), why would they even WANT to rebel against the government? Their government is doing what it should be doing for the citizens.

People rebel against governments that leave them hungry and dissatified. There's not much point in having a revolution "just because."
                  Last edited by B. de Corbin; 11 Oct 2012, 06:59. Reason: usual typos
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Damn, can't plus Corbin again quite yet.

Shrug, as for voters being brain-dead, sure. There's a reason I go to elections expecting to vote for the one I dislike least instead of the one I like most. With that said, the entirety of the US government is founded on a rulebook that outright assumes that the voters (and everyone else) will be braindead eternally and uses that tendency to its own ends. It doesn't always work but it does well enough in a number of cases.

EDIT: I'm promoting Optimus Prime for prez. I'm pretty sure that being several millenia old gets him around the requirement of being a natural-born citizen.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I was hoping Walter was going to run. That's ONE dummy I'd actually support.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

You talking about Walter the grumpy old fart? Or perhaps Ocmed the dead terrorist. Love that guys puppets

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post

My sister introduced me to a phrase for it that I have since adopted: bread and circus. Enough to eat and something mindless to distract. It is the same as Ancient Rome -- free bread and we've got a helluva show at the colliseum. *sigh*

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Well, lets go ahead and dump some links here: http://iat.ubalt.edu/courses/old/idi...s/v1_forms.ppt

If you want to reach 90% of the adult US population, you need to speak on a 3rd grade reading level, according to whomever at that university.

Good times, eh?
                            "A true initiation never ends"-Robert Anton Wilson
                            http://www.hermetic.com/crowley
                            "Reality has become a commodity"-Stephen Colbert 1/29/07
                            http://www.chaosmatrix.org/
                            "Sometimes, when you can't breathe, there are people there to breathe for you" - Aesop Rock
                            http://upholdingmaat.wordpress.com

Comment

I don't buy that 90% of the U.S. is so dumb. However, an election can change based on 2% of the population, so even appealing to the bottom 2% can be politically expedient.
                              If you want to be thought intelligent, just agree with everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X