Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrifying news about my spirituality as a newborn child

To go straight to the case;

Yesterday, my mother told me, (I can't remember how we got to this topic) that I as a baby, suddenly started to screaming and crying out very loud, without any reason, at night while sleeping. There was nothing unnormal about a baby crying loud, so when my parents woke up, they just tried to make me sleep again like nothing was happened. But the problem was, that I wasn't awake. They could not get my attention, they could not wake me up, and they could not make me calm again. I had my eyes wide open, but I couldn't see them. It seemed like I was looking at something other that them. Like I was seeing something, they don't saw. Something I was completely scared of.

After several nights filled with experiences like this, my parents were totally freaked out, they read several books about strange newborn experiences, and finally asked some experts who gave them an answer. They found out that when I was doing this screaming and terrified looking into nowhere, I was actually in deep, deep sleep or trance. Yes, deep trance.

It continued untill I was about 3 or 4 years old, but it didn't certainly stop there. Instead of falling in deep trance, I had many sleepless nights because of scary, suspicious, nightmares. I only remember one of the nightmares and luckily they stopped after 2-3 years.
    Theese strange happenings is a surprising contrast to my little sister's calming, sleepy nature. haha, my mother was sometimes worried if she was sick because of all her lazyness and longlasting sleeps.

But I was just wondering; why in the world were I falling in deep trance as a little newborn kid? Why can't I do it anymore? And those I was seeing, and scared of... is there a posibility that they/it could be gods or spirits??
    ~ flowers are our only garments
    only songs make our pain subside ~

Re: Terrifying news about my spirituality as a newborn child

You might want to check with other "experts." This sounds pretty much like classic "night terrors," in which the child seems to wake up, but is still in the grips of some kind of nightmare. From my experience with my own kids, I've found that you can't wake them up, and you can't calm them, and it is as if they are completely unaware of your presence.

Eventually, the kid just goes back to sleep, and has no memory of the event whatsoever the following day.

It's very, very frightening for the parent to see, though.

Whether you see gods or spirits in your nightmares is more than I could know...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

This sound like something called night terrors. Their different than nightmares, try doing some research on that. I've heard that around 5% of children have them at some point, but they usually grow out of them. It occurs durring non-REM sleep which is why you would appear to be in a trance. In truth, you're deep asleep, but your brain is having a fear response.
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Oh, thank you very much for the responds. I haven't heard of those night terrors before, so I'll do some research.
        ~ flowers are our only garments
        only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Here's a pretty reasonable quick summary to get you started, if you are interested:

Night Terrors
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
          X