Six figure jobs for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Six figure jobs for you

Yes, making a living is tough, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

Here's a quick survey of people making six figure yearly incomes doing things you'd never expect would pay so much...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Six figure jobs for you

Interesting!

You can also be fairly well off by being pretty sensible (assuming you have an income that allows you to take care of your basic needs and then some)...living simply, saving well, and saving for retirement early (you can be a millionaire if you start at 30!)

Comment

I know a guy who owns a tree-clearing business. He makes 1/10th of that guy in the article.

I know a street performer in Charlottesville, who does what that "magician" does. Yeah, his roommates constantly hassle him about getting a real job to pay rent.

The local electric component shop takes care of the ink cartridge recycling, and they can barely stay afloat. They handle this specific job themselves.

I know a couple of people who ended up in LA doing acting. One of them ended up as an extra in GLee, does voice work for commericals... he's in the same story as the "magician" street performer.

Luxury Hotels for Dogs? Bourgeoise luxuries always make money, but the market saturates quite quickly.

Credit Repair? Hmm, that one sounds interesting. I wonder what kind of credentials one needs to participate in that industry, and how much those cost.

My Bottom Line?

If you can find a well-paying niche, fill it. However, not every niche will pay the same every where.
      "A true initiation never ends"-Robert Anton Wilson
      http://www.hermetic.com/crowley
      "Reality has become a commodity"-Stephen Colbert 1/29/07
      http://www.chaosmatrix.org/
      "Sometimes, when you can't breathe, there are people there to breathe for you" - Aesop Rock
      http://upholdingmaat.wordpress.com

Comment

For some stuff, it really depends on where you are. When I was living in Victoria, BC, I knew people who did street performing and who sold arts and crafts in street markets. They'd typically perform/sell between May and September, and earn their entire living for the year off that. They didn't make 6 figures, but they did make a comfortable living...one guy even bought a house, in Victoria (which has really high real estate prices). Anyway, the point is, it wasn't too hard to make a good living off that stuff there. But here, if you sell your crafts at markets or busk, you'd struggle to even pay for your stall or get enough to buy a meal. Some people manage to make a living off of it, but whereas in Victoria it's the norm for anyone talented to make a decent living, here it's the exception. I think it depends on how much disposable income other people have in your location.

Comment

Working...
        X