Surveyor died in avalanche in BC yesterday - it was a friend of mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surveyor died in avalanche in BC yesterday - it was a friend of mine

A surveyor working on a mountainside was killed when he was swept off a cliff by an avalanche in a remote region of northwestern B.C. on Tuesday.

I just found out a few minutes ago that a friend of mine died in an avalanche while working yesterday. We all know we work in a dangerous industry, but this really brings it home. He was a super sweet man, and he has a wife and two young daughters. Telkwa is a small place (11 miles outside of Smithers, where I currently live), and I know a lot of people who are going to be affected by this. If you could light a candle, or say a prayer for him and them, I'd appreciate it.

Mostly art.

Re: Surveyor died in avalanche in BC yesterday - it was a friend of mine

May he rest in peace. I will pray at my shrine when i have a chance.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear that, V

Comment

Many condolences ((hugs))
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Very sorry to hear this sad news. My prayers and thoughts to his family and you.
          Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Oh no! I'm so sorry, V!

My deepest condolences, to you and his friends and family. Dangerous industry or not, it's still very sad to hear when events strike the heart of someone dear.

Many blessings!!!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this V, my thoughts and prayers are with you, his family and friends. x

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss. Please allow me to extend my condolences to yourself and the family of the deceased.

Comment

I am saddened by this loss.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Thank you for your thoughts, guys. In the news article, I learned who the unnamed survivor was, and it turns out, it was an old co-worker of mine. I could have lost two friends, that day.

On Sunday, his family and friends are hosting a celebration of his life. Both my roommate and I would like to go, but I'm afraid to. I don't deal with death very well, and I prefer to pretend like it never happened, than actually acknowledge it. Plus, I'm just afraid I'll cry, and I haven't done that yet.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                    X