Stright out of the Jersey storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stright out of the Jersey storm

Just got power and back online. Sandy(the storm) was a real mother of a storm. Here(North jersey) we took damage but less than down in South Jersey. Atlantic City got hammered,as did a lot of the coastal towns. Here we were without power 3 days,and just got Cable(internet) back in the last few hours. Parts of New Jersey got hit really bad, and still are without power. Obama is in the state,and FEMA is in full force in helping with the damage.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Stright out of the Jersey storm

You all definitely took the hit this time. I live near DC and we were without power for about 2 days, but not so much wind/flood damage as it could have been. We feel pretty fortunate and keep those less fortunate in our thoughts.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Yeah jersey def got hit hardest. I have family still w/o power in PA, but we can mostly just chalk that up to PECO being a useless mass of power failure. My thoughts are with yall trying to rebuild homes up in that area, I've been guilty of poking fun at New Jersey, but this storm was crazy and no one should have to deal with this kind of devastation in this day and age for too long.
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I'm from there, moved away 3 years ago, and go back every year. I'm glad I went to Seaside, etc., this summer when I was there.....this has been heartwrenching. The weirdest part was how my friends up there with no power didn't realize how widespread the devastation was - some could text but not call or get online and asked ME to look up for them where there were open gas stations, etc. Some thought it was only their street or town affected. I was on the phone with some of them on Monday morning telling them to go to higher ground but they really didn't think it would get so bad. One summed it up like this: "We turned into a 3rd world country in 2 days". My head & heart have been up there all week - it's been beautiful outside here and THAT seems surreal to me.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

It boggles my mind how bad it got up there in Jersey and New York, and how bad it remains. Even after Katrina hit, I know in mississippi there was at least national guard out setting up generators and tent cities within the next day. They mobilized out of state guardsmen (hence how I know.) to come in and help, and I am not sure why they have not done the same in this situation. Maybe they have? Having only people from within the state helping seems like a difficult situation, because people are going to be worried about their own family and friends first. I know people down in my area that feel like the storm was a bust, but it clearly was not, as people as far inland as westchester PA still in some cases do not have power. I hope everything gets better fast, and I will keep my prayers moving in that direction.
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Part of what makes it really bad is you have a lot of non-drivers who depend upon public transportation. And, those who drive (as well as the trains/buses) depend upon bridges and tunnels. All of the above is now gone or decreased. There are utility trucks from many states but I don't know about the National Guard. Many things will come to light over the next weeks/months, none of them good. Research labs/hospitals were flooded - where did said "research" go? Lots of stuff was released into the environment. Plus, rats are good swimmers and good disease-bearers.

OTOH New Yorkers and Jerseyans are very determined and resilient and eventually, it will be OK. It will be different but OK. I knew this would happen, I just wish it could have waited till after my lifetime.
            sigpic

Comment

Follow-up: Looks like I have begun a new "career" as a fund raiser......my old home town has an area that was hit hard. The (now displaced) residents are working class people, hanging on to marginal jobs, surviving. They aren't organized together, and are unable to do so. They aren't well-educated or well-spoken, and are being swept under the rug. So yours truly is writing letters and trying to get something done. I'm on this like a bulldog. They WILL rebuild. This is my mission.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X