What kind of tree fits these traits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of tree fits these traits?

I was hoping you guys would be able to offer some alternate views on this dream I've been trying to figure out. My question is kind of specific which is why I didn't post it in the dream interpretation thread, but please let me know if it's not in the right place here.

The tree had a diameter of two fists held together. The bark was light and fairly smooth, but not white. There were several knots along the grain, but overall the tree was smooth. It appeared to be a young tree, too. In my dream it was used to summon a southern wind. The energies were very refreshing and warm. After I'd been shown how to do this, I was handed a tall, thin branch of the wood for keeping.

I've been trying to figure out what kind of tree it was. I know I was told in the dream, but sadly, I can't recall the name. I've been considering an Ash tree, but so far my research on its metaphysical properties doesn't seem to fit the dream. As far as looks go though, it's strikingly similar.

I'd love to hear ideas as to what kind of tree this could have been! Thanks in advance!

Re: What kind of tree fits these traits?

Have you looked up aspen or birch? I'm not sure you have those trees over in Europe, but the tree description sounds similar. (I can't be held accountable for the magical properties, as I know nothing about that)

Mostly art.

Comment

I've indeed looked into those trees since pretty much everything but the outer bark color seems similar. Aspen feels more of a match than Birch does, but neither really set off any bells. I'll continue digging up information, thank you for the suggestion!

Comment

American sycamore maybe?
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
          Have you looked up aspen or birch? I'm not sure you have those trees over in Europe, but the tree description sounds similar. (I can't be held accountable for the magical properties, as I know nothing about that)
          Oh, yes we have theese trees in Europe! Just come to Denmark, and you'll see we have whole forests just whith them! (They also have a lot of them in Germany and UK after what I've heard)
          ~ flowers are our only garments
          only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
            American sycamore maybe?
            The google image results screamed an instant yes to me, and after some research into its generally accepted properties I can't think of any tree that would fit better. The awesome thing is that I remembered an A sound in the name that was given to me, so even that matches up!

Thanks a lot; consider this mystery solved! : D

Comment

Working...
            X