Salt line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salt line?

I'm interested in learning more about salt lines to protect your home and energy. I heard that you should put them at the base of doors and windows. However, I have questions I can't seem to find the answers too. Does it matter what salt you use?

And, does the salt line only work IF you can see it? Or can it be hidden? Like under a mat?

Can the line be thin, or does it have to be thick?

Basically, I feel like I'm dealing with a lot of negative people in my life and I have no choice but to do so. So I'm trying every idea to neutralize their bad energies. Any information would be great.

Re: Salt line?

Salt has been attributed the quality of being able to purify and absorb energy, particularly the negative and harmful energies. I used to do this but stopped since I put alot of things on like my window sill and my ocd made it nessicary to always have a straight line which since I always messed it up was impossible. I use salt lines in my necromancy and consider it completely required since it makes a noticeable difference (to me at least). In general I never use a solid huge unbroken line of salt, mostly because it's wasteful and not really needed and messy, but just afew sprinklings in a general circle formation. Salt in magic is like in cooking imo, a little goes a long way. It should be fine to hide it if you really want to use it.

Using salt is really messy and that is the main reason I'd advise against it. You can cast warding spells but those can be annoying and draining. If you want something solid that you can touch you can try making charms or seals. They even look pretty most times so no reason to hide them. The design and style depend on your personal preference and it would be easy to incorporate personal protective deities into them. I have afew lying around somewhere. The ones I make are usually geometric designs using sticks and string. Always remember that the idea is more important than the actual item. If you want something to be a protective item it can be and it should suit your tastes and ideas
    Circe

Comment

Re: Salt line?

I have to say corvus said it well, you dont need a huge pile. What kind you use does'nt really matter, I use Kosher salt since we cook with it and it works just as well as when I used to use sea salt, or even mortons iodized salt! I never even had a proper line when I would do something like that, a bit of a sprinkly toss always seemed to be enough. As for hiding it, I used to do it outside, and rain does a splendid job of hiding salt, it soaks in rather than washing away is how you have to think of it.
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
      X