Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to deal with Nazis and the KKK

So what is it that hate groups want?

They want to stir up hate. And they are very good at it, because the things they say and do are dreadful.

But why give them what they want? After all, we hate them...

Take a look at this video - the next time those Nazi and KKK clowns show up in your city, meet them like this.

They won't laugh, but you will...

In my opinion, this is the best way to deal with that kind of thing.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Best way to deal with Nazis and the KKK

Aw, that's nice to see.

Comment

Tee-hee!

That said I had a friend who was a Neo-NAZI. I'm only basing this off of one person, so take it with a grain of salt. When she discussed her reasons she stated what amounted to feeling like white people were turned into the slaves while everyone else got "handouts". I don't agree, but that's what I was told.

Truth be told I'm not sure what can be done about hate groups. Some people are just of the mindset this is the only way and we can't dissuade them. The ones that can probably won't respond to taunting no matter how entertaining we find it. Educating doesn't always work because it's easily dismissed as "propaganda". I guess it's one of those things where the people that could change may do so with actually interacting with people of color. Not sure how well that would work given the attitude and some of the shortcomings of multiculturalism, but it's the best I can think up short of questionable legislation.

/seriousresponse
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

I respect the freedom of speech, and I like exercising it.

I like this protest - the protesters let the white supremacists have their little rally, and stood there and laughed at them the whole time. That's my kind of protest
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Two thoughts:

1 That's totally awesome!

2 There is still the KKK? Who knew?!
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

This reminds me of the Angel Wings counter protest to Westboro's rude picketing at funerals. (http://news-breaking.com/1206/angel-wings/)

As far as what these groups want, I am not so certain that hate is the objective. Rather, hate is the means, power is the objective, though power to do what varies from group to group. Hate is a powerful persuader because it hinders judgment. I am always very suspicious of anyone who tries to make me feel angry, hateful, or even just indignant. Basically they are asking permission to turn down my faculties of reason.

Medusa, the KKK is very much alive and well in the US. Check out the Southern Poverty Law Center -- http://splcenter.org/. Morris Dees has made this fight his life's work. I had the privilege of meeting him several years ago, a soft spoken and unassuming man with a will of pure diamond.

p.s. use the handy hate map to locate groups in your area: http://splcenter.org/get-informed/hate-map

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              2 There is still the KKK? Who knew?!
              LOL - they'll never die. They're just not as popular any more, and, while I'm not too sure, I don't think they are as powerful anymore (i.e. they don't have politicians in their back pockets as much as they used to).

Back in the 40's, the KKK (yes, in Michigan, a northern state) burned a cross in my grandfather's yard. He was Catholic...
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                LOL - they'll never die. They're just not as popular any more, and, while I'm not too sure, I don't think they are as powerful anymore (i.e. they don't have politicians in their back pockets as much as they used to).

Back in the 40's, the KKK (yes, in Michigan, a northern state) burned a cross in my grandfather's yard. He was Catholic...
                While I did not realize that the KKK did not like Catholics, The local national guard unit was called a number of years ago to protect the KKK during one of their rallies in Dover. I thought it was upsetting to watch as that unit has a decent number of african Americans, and other "minorities" who had to protect the rascist a**holes...
                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Clowns are scarier than Nazis.
                  ~J

"The very young do not always do as they are told."

Comment

I live in California. We have the MOST hate 'groups' yet...I never see anything like that. I like some of the group descriptions though.
                    Racist music
                    Neo Confederette (exqueese me. You are in CALIFORNIA)
                    Radical Traditional Catholicism. Like you really really love the Pope? (nah. Just Jew haters) In California? In Hollywood? Oi vey.
                    And my favorite. General Hate. WTF.

Comment

And my favorite. General Hate. WTF.
                      For some reason this one makes me think of Sergeant Hatred.
                      my etsy store
                      My blog

to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
                        For some reason this one makes me think of Sergeant Hatred.
                        Sup bro
                        Nuttin
                        Hey bro, I'm in the KKK
                        Cool
                        Wanna join?
                        Nah. I have my own group.
                        Yeah, what about bro?
                        You know. General Hate and stuff
                        Cool bro.
                        Gotta go. My mom is calling me.

Comment

Sup bro
                          Nuttin
                          Hey bro, I'm in the KKK
                          Cool
                          Wanna join?
                          Nah. I have my own group.
                          Yeah, what about bro?
                          You know. General Hate and stuff
                          Cool bro.
                          Gotta go. My mom is calling me.
                          LOL! I learned something today.
                          my etsy store
                          My blog

to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                            So what is it that hate groups want?

They want to stir up hate. And they are very good at it, because the things they say and do are dreadful.

But why give them what they want? After all, we hate them...

Take a look at this video - the next time those Nazi and KKK clowns show up in your city, meet them like this.

They won't laugh, but you will...

In my opinion, this is the best way to deal with that kind of thing.

To be more exact: They want to stir up hate for the things they hate. They don't want you to hate them. They want you to agree with them.

I don't think dressing as clowns will change their views, after all they dress up as ghosts. So it's not like they're afraid to look silly.

Comment

Originally posted by AL!CE View Post
                              To be more exact: They want to stir up hate for the things they hate. They don't want you to hate them. They want you to agree with them.

I don't think dressing as clowns will change their views, after all they dress up as ghosts. So it's not like they're afraid to look silly.
                              I'm not sure that's true... I think that they want to stir up hate, directed in either direction. If you hate WITH them, they win because you've joined. And if you hate THEM, they win, because they are able to force a confrontation - and. since they hate others, a confrontation with others is exactly the thing they want to bring about.

It's true that dressing as a clown and laughing at them won't change their views, but it does change the way we interact with them - removing their power to fill us with hate.

Comment

Working...
                              X