X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY to make some cute things .

DIY is so nice things in our daily life ,
    which items have you made ?

me first: I have make paper rose ,and cross net .

Re: DIY to make some cute things .

Oooh, I'd love to see a picture of the paper rose.

I hate to self-promote, but many of my DIY projects are featured on my blog in my signature, which include:

-a clayboard offering tray
    -ritual salt
    -a greeting card (V can't look at my blog just yet )

I've also made a wall hanging, a djed pillar scene, ritual books (I'm including my scrapbooking projects with this one), and a couple of festival calendars based off of advent calendars.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

I've made a few stuffed dolls, a badly made 3-ring binder haha, and Holiday cards.

What's a cross net?

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
        Oooh, I'd love to see a picture of the paper rose.

I hate to self-promote, but many of my DIY projects are featured on my blog in my signature, which include:

-a clayboard offering tray
        -ritual salt
        -a greeting card (V can't look at my blog just yet )

I've also made a wall hanging, a djed pillar scene, ritual books (I'm including my scrapbooking projects with this one), and a couple of festival calendars based off of advent calendars.
        I won't even look, promise!

Originally posted by DeadJellyfish View Post
        I've made a few stuffed dolls, a badly made 3-ring binder haha, and Holiday cards.

What's a cross net?
        I think she might have meant cross stitch. That's my interpretation of it, anyhow.

As for me, I DIY almost everything. Candles, ointments, hair rinses, christmas ornaments (make the madness stop!). I like to create things, and I like it when creating something saves me more money than buying the store bought version. It also is often the closest to fulfillment I seem to feel these days.
        Last edited by volcaniclastic; 15 Nov 2012, 20:35. Reason: f u multi quote

Mostly art.

Comment

I know, I love the feeling of making something yourself, having it turn out really good, and knowing you saved money.

Comment

I make incense and candles. I also made a pinata for my son's Halloween Party that looked like a Jack O Lantern. I make tarot/rune bags. Quilts. I have done greeting cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
              I make incense and candles. I also made a pinata for my son's Halloween Party that looked like a Jack O Lantern. I make tarot/rune bags. Quilts. I have done greeting cards.
              It's really fun to make your own, isn't it? It also adds more freedom for holidays that Hallmark doesn't acknowledge.
              my etsy store
              My blog

to descend."

Comment

I'm going to pick up some yarn tomorrow. I'm making a wolverine scarf. I'm thinking classic blue and yellow. More blue with yellow stripes. Then maybe line the yellow stripes with a border of black. Then the fringe is all black with three patches of grey or silver for the claws. I've lost my mind. And it's cold at night.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  I'm going to pick up some yarn tomorrow. I'm making a wolverine scarf. I'm thinking classic blue and yellow. More blue with yellow stripes. Then maybe line the yellow stripes with a border of black. Then the fringe is all black with three patches of grey or silver for the claws. I've lost my mind. And it's cold at night.
                  that sounds like only you would really know what you were wrapping around your face! I like it!
                  http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
                    I would just love to learn how to make incense and candles! But currently I'm too preoccupied with other things in life. What are your favorite scents to make?

Comment

I would just love to learn how to make incense and candles! But currently I'm too preoccupied with other things in life. What are your favorite scents to make?
                      Candlemaking can be super hard, but from what I've seen it's mostly the really elaborate stuff. I recommend starting with the melt and pour method.
                      my etsy store
                      My blog

to descend."

Comment

Cool! Thanks for the link. Perhaps one day I will try it out

Comment

I don't usually make them with smell. I have used green apple and vanilla. I make them for my altar more than anything. Incense is easier to make than the candles.

Comment

Does anyone know a good place to get candle moulds? I just want a chime candle mould, and cant find one anywhere. (it wouldn't matter so much if my candle holders werent fitted for chime candles...)
                            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

candles are easy - I make drip candles from pure beeswax. They are really time consuming though, so I only do it a few times a year. To make 12 candles takes me almost 8 hours.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                              X