This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suicide: a different debate

I think you can blame whoever you want for whatever you want... Whether you can prove it and get legal "justice" is another matter. There are plenty of cases that can say "this person would no have killed themself if the other person had not done _____" but _____ happens to more people than just the ones who kill themselves over it, I have a herd time finding a case where suicide is not due to some pre-existing condition (i.e. mental illness) first. That is not to say it does not exist, there are cultures where ritual suicide was consiered acceptable, and even expected in some cases, I do not think these people would "blame" anyone but themselves in these cases. (but what the hell do I know? I am not one of them and can't really speak for them.) But suicide bombers would be another case of not mental illness, but that is supposedly considered an honor, so again another situation where "blaming" someone wouldn't make a whole pile of sense.
    In any case Suicide is an instance where by definition, a person kills themself. Ultimately it is this persons decision to do te self killing. In many cases there are chemical imbalances which can make this scenario more likely, also duress caused by abuses and various tortures are more likely to cause such a situation to occour.
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Re: Suicide: a different debate

The act of suicide requires more than a choice or an act of will. You have to have been at some point stripped of your Will to Live. Which requires an extreme amount of grief, or born with it already missing. In my experience, anyone I have known who has committed suicide didn't announce it or ask for help. They were simply gone. Each time there was little sign that anything was wrong. This leads me to believe that what happens to them, happens swiftly and shocks them like nothing we can understand. But that is based on my experiences.

Comment

Working...
      X