Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Last Movie Watched?

Teh little Mermaid !
    *You have to bat your eyes like dis, You have to pucker up yourrr lipsss like eh diiiisss*

Comment

*like*

/10char
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

blancanieves it's a spanish version of Snow White where she's a bullfighter, done in black-and-white and silent film. sooo good

Comment

Originally posted by Evaine View Post
          I've just been watching a film called The Spirit of Albion.
          I came across a blog by Damh the Bard (pronounced 'Dave') a while ago. He's a very good musician, with a lot of folky songs on pagan themes, so when I saw the film in the local secondhand DVD shop, and that the music was by Damh the Bard, I picked it up.
          It's based on a play which was put together for a youth theatre group with improvisations around ten of Damh's songs, and that shows in the way some of the lines are written. It's also very, very low budget - but I thought it was really very good. The actors portraying Ceridwen, Herne, Robin Goodfellow and Arianrhod are very good indeed, and the music is excellent. In fact, when I'd watched the film I came straight onto the net to buy the original cast album.
          What gets me is that the film only came out last year - so how did it get to a little shop in Hay? I think it must be something I was meant to find.
          The same company are going on to make Tales of Albion, which is in production at the moment, including some of the same actors, so I shall be looking out for that.
          Now there's a film I want to see so badly. One because I am a huge fan of Damh's music and also because its one of few Pagan-based film that isn't rubbish(Don't even get me started on that rubbish known as 'The Craft'.)
          "As long as humans continue to be the ruthless destroyer of other beings, we will never know health or peace. For as long as people massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, those who sow the seed of murder and pain will never reap joy or love." - Pythagoras

"I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown." - Homer, The Iliad

Comment

Anaconda, don't judge....

Comment

Originally posted by Watchful Overseer View Post
              Now there's a film I want to see so badly. One because I am a huge fan of Damh's music and also because its one of few Pagan-based film that isn't rubbish(Don't even get me started on that rubbish known as 'The Craft'.)
              I think I met Damh once.... I can't remember. He does work with a pagan band in Adelaide that I've spent a lot of time with, so I'm sure I met him once.
              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
              Seen the desert and the birds
              You cut your hair short
              Like a shush to an insult
              The world had been yelling
              Since the day you were born
              Revolting with anger
              While it smiled like it was cute
              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                Anaconda, don't judge....
                Is that the one where Jennifer Lopez gets covered in monkey blood?
                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Requiem for a Dream. It was pretty heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
                    Requiem for a Dream. It was pretty heavy.
                    I saw that not too long ago. Heavy indeed.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

We recently watched Little Miss Sunshine. It didn't really sound like my kind of movie from the blurbs I'd read, but people who generally share my taste in movies kept telling me I'd like it. I gave it a try, and I thought it was excellent.
                      OO

Book of Spirals is my author site.
                      The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
                      Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Comment

Gravity in Real 3D IMAX. OMG. Amazeballs! Of course I had glasses over my glasses. But such an awesome movie. I literally gripped the seat handles the whole movie.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                          Gravity in Real 3D IMAX. OMG. Amazeballs! Of course I had glasses over my glasses. But such an awesome movie. I literally gripped the seat handles the whole movie.
                          ah yes that movie was amazing! I loved ryan stone! she was such a great character! and the effects were beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by Ouranos Ouroboros View Post
                            I last watched Seven Psychopaths​. I thought it was quite good.
                            I'm a huge Tom Waits fan and I STILL haven't seen it yet.

I saw Wreck-It Ralph a couple of nights ago for the first time, and it was good. Like, three and a half stars outta five.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
                              I'm a huge Tom Waits fan and I STILL haven't seen it yet.
                              Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post

I saw Wreck-It Ralph a couple of nights ago for the first time, and it was good. Like, three and a half stars outta five.
                              OO

Book of Spirals is my author site.
                              The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
                              Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Comment

night of the living dead. HATED the writing of the female characters (to anyone thinking "well it was made a long time ago" I'd point out the quality of the writing of female characters in a lot of silent films, like those by charlie chaplin) but loved the symbolism in each of the character deaths. and it was super cool to see the creation of zombies as we know them today, back before the term "zombie" existed

Comment

Working...
                                X