Last Movie Watched?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Last Movie Watched?

Quigley Down Under, for the first time since childhood... accidentally contributing to my fiancee's and my mission to watch every Alan Rickman film together.

I had forgotten that he was in that movie.

Excellent movie... but very strange to watch Snape in a western.

Oh... OMG! He speaks!

Yeah... I'm still here occasionally... just lurking, usually.
    "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Infini. An Australian made sci fi movie. One of the best I've seen. Thought provoking. Disturbing. And it kept me intensely interested up to the final scene.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I don't know how I got to it, but I just finished watching Street Fighter- Assassin's fist. It's a 'fan made' series all put in one video. I have to tell you, it was incredible!

Comment

Just finished 'into the woods'... I'm torn. Don't know about the rest of the world, but here it was promoted as a kids movie. It is NOT a kids movie! Not at all... It took me by surprise how dark it suddenly got. Don't get me wrong it's brilliantly cast, the music is beautiful and it's just an altogether fantastic movie... but - spoiler allert - everyone dies! Like. It's just one death after another. Loss of innocence, death and despair are some pretty heavy subjects for something I was told was for kids. I love that they used more of the original tales than the sugary disney ones. I just wasn't expecting that! I cried. I don't cry over movies... I love it but I hate it.
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Kingsman. Don't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
              Kingsman. Don't do it.
              I actually enjoyed that one. It'll never be a favorite but how can anyone dislike the headsplosion orchestra?
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Brave. I'd never seen it before but thoroughly enjoyed it, so much so that I want to buy it.

P.S. it made me miss Rowanwood an awful lot
                No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I was thinking about her as well,I Did see she is on her graphic site,forget the name(Getting old) I won't join just to send her a message to come back,but you might.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

"All About Eve". It was very interesting.
                    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I am kinda an old movie freak...Kinda surprised about this movie because it is a Betty Davis thing...you like old movies then?
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                        I am kinda an old movie freak...Kinda surprised about this movie because it is a Betty Davis thing...you like old movies then?
                        Davis is my fave actress. She did so many great movies. Her and Joan Crawford. I would like the biatches of the 40's now wouldn't I?

Comment

So I watched Straight out of Compton last night on my laptop. Man, I got to tell you. I know people don't like it but...that was a very accurate representation of LA during those times. Seriously.No joke. Being any shade of brown back in those days meant you were going to be 'talking' to the popo.

Anywho. I watched it at 4am. Which meant all my dreams were of Ice Cube. Lol. That was fun.

Comment

baah.

Comment

For A Good Time Call..
                              Really funny movie about two women who start a sex phone line.
                              -Jessica [aka Whitewolf]

Comment

John Wayne ... Sons of Katy Elder
                                I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Working...
                                X