Looking for a starting point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a starting point

Hey guys i was just looking for a starting point on heathen resources. I noticed multiple other posts in different threads providing numerous books, but I was kind of wondering which books are better to start off with. If i was too buy the whole list it would cost ALOT :='(:. So if there is anything in particular some of you feel is a good first step into heathenry... it would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Looking for a starting point

There are alot of good links in the sticky that heads the heathenry section of the forum, and there are tons of internet links which are free, they have some good books listed too. I think that there is even an online listing for a translation of the poetic edda somewhere in the Heathen traditions section, I have not waded through it myself in some time, but I think one of the eddas would be a good place to start, as I am fairly certain that most of the basic heathenry books I can think of are fairly expensive.

Let me also note that I am not an expert, so I may not be the very best person to ask.
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
      There are alot of good links in the sticky that heads the heathenry section of the forum, and there are tons of internet links which are free, they have some good books listed too. I think that there is even an online listing for a translation of the poetic edda somewhere in the Heathen traditions section, I have not waded through it myself in some time, but I think one of the eddas would be a good place to start, as I am fairly certain that most of the basic heathenry books I can think of are fairly expensive.

Let me also note that I am not an expert, so I may not be the very best person to ask.
      I was just a little lost with all the resources there are, thanks for the help maria.

Comment

Davidson is probably the best author to read first. Its a scholarly book, but not dry at all.

Asatru Lore is a magnificent source for modern heathenry, but treat it like a library and not a social forum.

Comment

Thanks for the help Wednesday. Both resources look amazing : ]

Comment

You're welcome. Another good resource is Our Troth, which is more instructional concerning Asatru and it's community. And free.

Comment

Working...
            X