Unpopular Opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unpopular Opinions.

Because it depicts rape culture, incestual desires and lots of other weird stuff that our western society doesn't really do like they do in Eastern society. I liked the video game aspect and creativity of it, but wasn't really into the story lines themselves (referring to SAO 2 as well).
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

do not know what SAO is,sorry.
      Last edited by anunitu; 18 Aug 2018, 16:15.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I really don't like TV Show called Judge Judy because that woman is always abusive with her guest in her courtroom. I don't find her funny and she's very biased with the verdict. And she been on the air for more than 20 years. I just wish that she should've been cancelled after season 1 of her show.
        Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 19 Aug 2018, 16:07.

Comment

Here are mine:

1. Being sexually rejected is not a form of oppression.

2. There are only two genders.

Comment

Originally posted by Muramasa View Post
            Here are mine:

1. Being sexually rejected is not a form of oppression.

2. There are only two genders.
            I can agree with 1. But 2 is off. Even scientifically speaking there's more than 2. There's people born with XX genes but male body parts because of a fault in their genes. There's folks born XY but with female parts for the same reason. There's also that condition in that one country where girls literally become boys at puberty and grow a penis. Like, all of these things are things we couldn't have know centuries or even decades ago but we do now. And it really does explain why some people don't feel comfortable with the sex of their genitalia, because everything else about them IS the other gender.
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

thanks for that shahaku

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Sean R. R. View Post
                Have to agree with you on that one. Don't know why it gets so much hate.
                Yep I am also a huge SAO fan.
                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Unpopular amongst Hindus, my take on the beef-eating (or not) thing. Contrary to popular belief, cows are not worshiped per se, but are revered as a mother figure. She provides milk for her babies as well as for humans making cheese, yogurt, butter, and for drinking. One does not kill their mother for food. Hence the avoidance of beef-eating. Additionally, in ancient times cattle were the heavy machinery for farm and other kind of work. However, beef cattle are not gomata (mother cow), or cows at all. They are steers, young castrated males. They don't get to reproduce, they don't work, they don't produce milk, they're raised solely for their meat and hides. That makes them no different than a goat, pig, sheep, chicken or fish, which many Hindus do eat. I do occasionally eat beef, but only occasionally.
                  śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
                  śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

hi thor where you been?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                      hi thor where you been?
                      I was locked out! Not banned or restricted, I just couldn't get in. I had a hard time getting my password reset.
                      śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
                      śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

been there done that

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

They say that "It's what is in your heart that matters."

I call B.S. on that for two reasons:

1. I have no idea what is in a person's heart, nor does it affect me in any way. What I do know, and what does affect me is what they say and do. So that is what matters to me.

2. I have a crude and very incomplete idea of what is in my heart, but it seems to be composed mainly of cyanide and sucrose, with some trailings of a generic soporific - essentially, toxic candy. However, I get to choose exactly how much of each I will express, and when, and where, and that defines the effect I have on others, and the person I chose to be.

Therefore, it is what one says and does that matters. The BS. about "It's what in your heart that matters" is just a cheap trick to avoid taking responsibility for what we do and say.

- - - Updated - - -

They say that "It's what is in your heart that matters."

I call B.S. on that for two reasons:

1. I have no idea what is in a person's heart, nor does it affect me in any way. What I do know, and what does affect me is what they say and do. So that is what matters to me.

2. I have a crude and very incomplete idea of what is in my heart, but it seems to be composed mainly of cyanide and sucrose, with some trailings of a generic soporific - essentially, toxic candy. However, I get to choose exactly how much of each I will express, and when, and where, and that defines the effect I have on others, and the person I chose to be.

Therefore, it is what one says and does that matters. The BS. about "It's what in your heart that matters" is just a cheap trick to avoid taking responsibility for what we do and say.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                          X