Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help me name my sword.

Naming your sword is srs bzns.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Eisheth View Post
      Naming your sword is srs bzns.
      "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

I totally read that as "Serious Bans" - srs bzns

Serious business makes more sense, though.

(but mine worked too - too early to make that joke?)

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
          [...] - too early to make that joke?)
          Not at all. XD
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Well, as for the Celts and Vikings, both traditions are similar in this way, swords were named after the battles they were used or even the personality they transmitted to the bearer...
            "I was born from a Spark and Fire I became"

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigan View Post
              Well, as for the Celts and Vikings, both traditions are similar in this way, swords were named after the battles they were used or even the personality they transmitted to the bearer...

Comment

i've named my banning stick the BANNHAMMER OF DOOM
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

I don't have a sword, but I named my steak knife "Flesh ripper;" does that count?
                  In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

Thorson, you are right if you count with mythology. However, I was just naming swords of warriors, common people, not related to mythology.
                    "I was born from a Spark and Fire I became"

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigan View Post
                      Thorson, you are right if you count with mythology. However, I was just naming swords of warriors, common people, not related to mythology.
                      Both happened... As I said, Beowulf's sword was called "Nailer" (granted, while there is reason to believe that Beowulf is based on an actual historical person, there is no doubt that the story has been mythologized). Magnus III of Norway named his sword "Legbiter." That said... I have found instances of naming schemes that fit your description.

Often, however, based on inscriptions that have been found on weapons in archaeological digs, often, it was much more mundane: "Bjorn's sword," "pointy," "Erik's blade," etc.

Comment

I'm trrible with names, but that's an awesome looking sword.

Comment

Working...
                        X