Favourite Fictional TV Universe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Fictional TV Universe?

What do I mean by a TV Universe? Well for example Star Trek Voyager is part of the StarTrekverse as is Deep Space 9 and Next Generation and the Original Star Trek... Lots of spin offs, one universe. Of course it doesn't have to be sci-fi. There's the Eastendersverse for example. Anyway what is your all time favourite?

For me it has to be the Buffyverse! Joss Whedon's 'Buffy the vampire slayer' and the 'Angel' spin off.

Re: Favourite Fictional TV Universe?

Warehouse 13, Eureka, and Alphas are apprently the same verse. I am somewhat fond of all of them.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I guess after Star Trek the Stargate series

Comment

For tv I'd say Star Trek. In books, the Narnia-verse!
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Can Whedonverse be a thing? If not then I'd have to agree Buffyverse.

Stargateverse would be my second choice.

Fun fact this made me think of: There's a theory that Firefly was actually set in the Alien universe, which is supposedly an extension of the Blade Runner universe. That would be really cool.
          ~J

"The very young do not always do as they are told."

Comment

Originally posted by Jasmine View Post
            Can Whedonverse be a thing? If not then I'd have to agree Buffyverse.
            Whilst Whedonverse is a word for things made by Whedon. Dollhouse and Firefly and Buffy are 3 very different worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by AL!CE View Post
              Whilst Whedonverse is a word for things made by Whedon. Dollhouse and Firefly and Buffy are 3 very different worlds.
              I like to think Firefly could be Buffyverse in about 500 years (it's set in 2517) - all the demons and such are still on Earth that was and the people have left. Dollhouse doesn't fit though, you're right there. I'd love to see Buffy crossover with Avengers though :awesome:
              ~J

"The very young do not always do as they are told."

Comment

Give me the Farscape-verse any day. Translator microbes ftw!
                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Marvel universe.

Though..I'd love to live with the Simpsons or the King of the Hill universe. And want to think scary? Imagine living in the Twilight Zone universe? Where some snotty kid can send you into the cornfield!
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Buffyverse is cool, though I haven't visited that part of the galaxy for a while now.
                    I'm a Browncoat, so I really do like Firefly, a whole lot.

But my most favorite verse these days is Whovian. All things Doctor Who, from the Fourth Doctor to the Eleventh currently. Just three more weeks until the Christmas episode... I'm shaking from the withdrawal! o_o
                    My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      Marvel universe.
                      Gee, how did I know Medusa would say that? I agree, though. Real life Wolverine? Heck yeah!

Comment

Definitely the Buffyverse!

Though, True Blood is also interesting sometimes.

Comment

Dresden Files, it's primarily a book series but it did get a short TV series.

I'd Star Wars on par but it would have to include the full Expanded Universe and that's a lot of books and comics.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

star trek ftw
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't want anything scary. Buffyverse is OUT. But...I'd like to be in Little House on the Prairie. Omg. Can I live with the Smurfs?
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                              X