Norse Wicca - any thoughts on this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norse Wicca - any thoughts on this?

does anyone here follow Norse Wicca, or have any thoughts on it you'd like to share?

seemingly a branch of Wicca that takes in some of the Norse deities and concepts.

Sound interesting and seems to be one avenue I'm heading down (amongst others)

I'm still seeing Odin and Woden as the same, or perhaps twin brothers.

anyway, I've now absorbed Frigg into my personal pantheon, as a kind of protectress.

but I'm trying to avoid duality as much as possible due to religious mental hurdles in the past.

So are there any Wiccans here that follow the Norse Gods (and how does that work out for you)?

Re: Norse Wicca - any thoughts on this?

Wicca's framework is easily adaptable to different deities, cultural bases, and secondary practices. It helps in the case of Norse or Germanic Wicca that the core religion has its origins in Britain and with British culture. For the same reason Celtic Wicca is able to work so well, more Germanic-focused Wicca can and has. Hell, one the traditional sects (also one of the major ones to approve of solitary practitioners) is very much based in Saxon lore, gods, and cultural trappings.

Comment

which of the traditional sects is that?

and what happened to Anglo-Saxon heathenism anyway, did it get absorbed into Wicca, Druidry or just disappear?

Comment

I don't follow any Norse gods as such(this don't mean that I don't believe they exist, I just don't follow them.) But my mom is Asatru, so I know a lot of her view points of it.
        ~ flowers are our only garments
        only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Originally posted by westwoden View Post
          which of the traditional sects is that?
          Seax-Wica, developed by Raymond Buckland back in the early 70's.

Comment

Seax-Wicca, I've heard of it but not really checked it out a much, I'll do some quick research and get back to you with questions hopefully.....

Comment

Working...
            X