This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PRAYER REQUESTS!!

Oh damn Doc......I....I can't imagine that feeling. This doesn't even begin to come close and just feels cheap to me, but I'm so sorry you and she have to go through that. I hope she's gunna be okay, and you too. I'll light a candle and pray for you guys :'(
    Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
      Well folks, I don't know how to start.

4 days ago my sister had a miscarriage half way into her pregnancy. She went into induced labor and gave birth to a dead child, named Forrest. It was very sad for the whole family, I got to see him, and the nurses tried to take an ink foot print so we could hold on to it, but his foot was too disfigured. I spent the rest of that day feeling light headed and like I was going to puke, but I feel much better now and at peace with it, I already miss the little guy even though I never got to meet him or talk to him, I am sad at the fact that I wont be able to shoot bb guns with him, take him dirt biking and just spoiling him. But in the middle of my mourning, I realized how bad my sister must be doing, and I was right.

As of tonight she has gone suicidal, saying things like she does not want to live, and refusing to eat anything. She is being taken to a psychiatric care unit in the regional hospital.

So basically, if there are any good vibes/energy and prayers you can give to my sister, her departed son and my family, that would be very appreciated. Thanks.
      Oh wow, Doc. I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how rough that must be for the whole family. My thoughts are with you.

Comment

I normally don't do this, but I'm feeling really scared right now. This morning (about 3:30am) I got woken up by a call from the emergency dispatchers in Ohio (I'm in Florida) that they were taking my grandmother to the ER because her arm was hurting. All they knew and could tell me was what hospital they were taking her, and that her arm hurt. Even they didn't know anything else at that point. 3:30am me is freaked the hell out thinking my grandma had a heartattack, but because it's 3:30 am-I can't call family and go "what the hell is going on". Nor could I call at 7am when I woke up for work.

Got on my lunch break-called and found out that apparently my grandma fell again and this time broke her shoulder in three places. My aunt that I got ahold of said that she's been walking on two broken ankles (how the hell-I have no idea, but she was) and that this isn't the first time she fell. Its been happening a LOT lately, and the guy that's with her can't keep picking her up. Last really bad time she gave herself a concussion.... They're going to be doing surgery tomorrow at 1pm to try and fix her shoulder, but we're not sure what's gunna go on with her ankles. When I called and talked to her, she was pretty bad. I don't know what drugs they had her on, but she sounded just like how my mom did when she was drugged up in a hospice. Too out of it, and not understanding what was going on-and that scares the crap out of me. Apparently the reason she fell was cause for some gods only know reason she decided at 3am that she needed to be putting lipstick on....

I know that there's not much to do about it-she's getting old, this kind of stuff happens....but if anyone minds saying a prayer hoping that she'll get through the surgery okay and that her mind will start to clear up more (more so that second one as I do trust the doctors at the hospital she's at to do their jobs right) I'd really appreciate it. She's bat shit crazy, but she's still my grandma, and the one that was there for me the most after my mom died, and out of that entire side of the family-the only one that's ever seen and loved me for me instead of being my mothers daughter like the rest of them do....and I'm really scared to lose her like this.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
          I normally don't do this, but I'm feeling really scared right now. This morning (about 3:30am) I got woken up by a call from the emergency dispatchers in Ohio (I'm in Florida) that they were taking my grandmother to the ER because her arm was hurting. All they knew and could tell me was what hospital they were taking her, and that her arm hurt. Even they didn't know anything else at that point. 3:30am me is freaked the hell out thinking my grandma had a heartattack, but because it's 3:30 am-I can't call family and go "what the hell is going on". Nor could I call at 7am when I woke up for work.

Got on my lunch break-called and found out that apparently my grandma fell again and this time broke her shoulder in three places. My aunt that I got ahold of said that she's been walking on two broken ankles (how the hell-I have no idea, but she was) and that this isn't the first time she fell. Its been happening a LOT lately, and the guy that's with her can't keep picking her up. Last really bad time she gave herself a concussion.... They're going to be doing surgery tomorrow at 1pm to try and fix her shoulder, but we're not sure what's gunna go on with her ankles. When I called and talked to her, she was pretty bad. I don't know what drugs they had her on, but she sounded just like how my mom did when she was drugged up in a hospice. Too out of it, and not understanding what was going on-and that scares the crap out of me. Apparently the reason she fell was cause for some gods only know reason she decided at 3am that she needed to be putting lipstick on....

I know that there's not much to do about it-she's getting old, this kind of stuff happens....but if anyone minds saying a prayer hoping that she'll get through the surgery okay and that her mind will start to clear up more (more so that second one as I do trust the doctors at the hospital she's at to do their jobs right) I'd really appreciate it. She's bat shit crazy, but she's still my grandma, and the one that was there for me the most after my mom died, and out of that entire side of the family-the only one that's ever seen and loved me for me instead of being my mothers daughter like the rest of them do....and I'm really scared to lose her like this.
          Prayers will be given <3
          hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
            Prayers will be given <3
            thanks Mal <3
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post

I'm sorry to hear this my dear, there is no question needed, of course i will include this into my thoughts and prayers. I hope things get better really quickly!! Hang in there <3

Comment

Yorin, I'm so sorry to here about your grandma. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Doc, I'm really sorry I missed your post, but I hope things are improving, as much as they can be in such a situation, with your sister and all your family. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Will you please pray for pain abatement for me?
                  I am a woman in a mans body and I hate being in the wrong body. I want out of this body. It's like a prison cell.

I used to be known as AdamKane in these parts.

Hail Satan.

Comment

Originally posted by KahlanAmnell View Post
                    Will you please pray for pain abatement for me?
                    Yes, definitely.

Best wishes, and all my meager magic goes to you, KahlanAmnell!
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                      Yes, definitely.

Best wishes, and all my meager magic goes to you, KahlanAmnell!
                      Thank you.
                      I am a woman in a mans body and I hate being in the wrong body. I want out of this body. It's like a prison cell.

I used to be known as AdamKane in these parts.

Hail Satan.

Comment

So apparently, I found out just today at my school that the school district has expelled a friend of mine simply because he was walking a girl home and to school during lunch. Apparently, they thought he must've done some horrible thing to her when even she protested against it. So yeah, I could use a few prayers here.

Comment

Originally posted by Daughter of Toothless View Post
                          So apparently, I found out just today at my school that the school district has expelled a friend of mine simply because he was walking a girl home and to school during lunch. Apparently, they thought he must've done some horrible thing to her when even she protested against it. So yeah, I could use a few prayers here.
                          blimey that's harsh..

Comment

Originally posted by Daughter of Toothless View Post
                            Praying hon. That's really weird to expel someone without even getting the full story.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Please, please send prayers to my BIL. It has been an immense act of bravery and courage for him to move following the passing of his husband. On Monday morning, his uhaul containing everyone he owned was stolen in the 4 hours of the early morning between when we arrived home and my husband left for work.

It was found late last night up in Oakland. The lock had been cut and absolutely everything is gone. He has one pair of clothes, a laptop, his cats, and the ashes of his late husband. That's it. All of his pictures of his spouse, resume, birth certificate...gone.

Please send whatever you can his way. Thank you.
                              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
                                Please, please send prayers to my BIL. It has been an immense act of bravery and courage for him to move following the passing of his husband. On Monday morning, his uhaul containing everyone he owned was stolen in the 4 hours of the early morning between when we arrived home and my husband left for work.

It was found late last night up in Oakland. The lock had been cut and absolutely everything is gone. He has one pair of clothes, a laptop, his cats, and the ashes of his late husband. That's it. All of his pictures of his spouse, resume, birth certificate...gone.

Please send whatever you can his way. Thank you.
                                OMG how horrible. Good vibes his way.....

Comment

Working...
                                X