This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PRAYER REQUESTS!!

for those of you that remember Madness, I learned from her homepage that a fire has just started about a mile down the road from their farm in TX...please keep them in our thoughts!
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Consider it done
      "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
      - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Both the femme and male entities of Verlignus will keep you in our thoughts and in our meditations for health, prosperity, happiness, and peace. Namaste.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

As you will, may it be so. May you be blessed in every way. Namaste, the femme and the male entities of Verlignus
        Love is the centre of all things. Fear is the destroyer of beauty and lives. Anything a despot can do to a people, humanity and community can heal and undo.

"Life is too short to worry about the little things. Better to let the moms of the world do that. They are great at it." - Madelyn Alt

Comment

If anyone could spare a little positive energy here, because of the government fubar, the hubby might be laid off (again).

...his boss wants him to do something that is against policy and he's refusing, and his boss is threatening to send him back to HR, but HR has already told him there is no where else to assign him...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed...
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Positive energy is on it's way. Best wishes.

Have you found out anything else about Sandholler Farm & Madness?
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              Have you found out anything else about Sandholler Farm & Madness?

Her blog says they are okay and their facebook says its raining.
              sigpic

Comment

This might be a bit frivolous...but we can use all the help we can get at this point.

The Hubby got a letter that he's in *the process* for federal hire. Anyone that has ever tried to get a job with the gov't should know what a PITA and long ass process this is...its basically taken over a year or submitting and resubmitting for a job he is amply qualified for (same thing he did in the military) and has veterans preference for (even better, he has DISABLED preference for)--the application he got hired off of was from May (and this is considered timely).

...the problem:

They inform you by certified letter. By the time certified letter was forwarded and received, he should have called them back on the 17th...which was three days ago.

...so...

PLEASE for the love of whatever gods you worship, keep us in your prayers. Because his current contract runs out at the end of December, and unless they have another contract...we might be SOL and unemployed again. (even so, the actual hiring process can still take a month or two)

Hopefully he will be able to get ahold of them tomorrow, he's already left a message today, but its after working hours here by the time my parents got to the post office in IL.
                sigpic

Comment

Done and done, Hun....hope he gets it!
                  Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Praying for you and your family Thal.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys!

He had interview 1...and now its a 4-6 week wait for round 2.

Fingers are definitely crossed.
                      sigpic

Comment

Best wishes to you and the family, Thalassa!
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Best of luck! You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.
                          Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Wishing you luck, Thal!

I could use some energy as well - I'm starting to get concerned that I may end up with pre-eclampsia again and I would deeply appreciate any energy ya'll could spare for me. My eyes start to water if the thought of another C-section crosses my mind... I feel less anxiety discussing the chances of hemorraging during a home birth than I do getting preeclampsia. I'm getting headaches every once in a while and my feet are starting to swell pretty badly, so I'm scared to death that I'm going down that road again.

Comment

Best wishes to you, Raphaeline - I've sent a 40 lb bag of good karma down the etheric highway to you.

Comment

Hope all goes well!

Comment

Working...
                                X