Heathens on Yule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heathens on Yule

Just wondering if anyone was celebrating, and if so, what do you have planned?

Re: Heathens on Yule

I do Yule over 12 days. Tonight is Mother's Night, Soltice, Nine virtues, New Year's Eve and New Year's. Doing reflection, offerings. that kind of thing.

Comment

Mind if i ask where this influence came from? Is it kind of a personal thing, or more widespread?

Just wondering, never celebrated holidays and seems like I am pretty far off... i was thinking of just getting outside to celebrate, go surf in the morning and hike in the afternoon....

Comment

This is my first year being a Pagan, so my first year trying to celebrate Yule. Since everyone else is celebrating Christmas (and that's all anyone is focusing on), it's difficult for me to gather my focus on how to prepare for Yule. But if I can't think of something by tomorrow, I'll just light a candle and appreciate what Yule means.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
          Mind if i ask where this influence came from? Is it kind of a personal thing, or more widespread?

Just wondering, never celebrated holidays and seems like I am pretty far off... i was thinking of just getting outside to celebrate, go surf in the morning and hike in the afternoon....
          It's a personal thing. I noticed that from Mother's Night to New Year's was 12 days and went with it. Last night I did an offering to Hilda, Freya, Frigga and my Daisie. I also did something for Thor since it was Thursday. Tonight I will do something for Sunni/ Mani since it's about day and night.

Sounds like a nice time. If your not sure do what you like or think you should. My practice has changed over the years as I have settled into it.

Comment

Working...
          X