Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even Republicans think they're wrong

According to an article in Huffington Post,

Fifty-three percent of people, including 22 percent of Republicans, said the GOP's views and policies have pushed them beyond the mainstream.

It's about time people realize this - especially the Republicans. They've become so extreme that they are even loosing the support of their own party. I should know - they lost me several years ago. I'm glad to find that I'm not alone...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Even Republicans think they're wrong

I'm genuinely surprised that the more moderate Republicans haven't broken off to form their own party...something like a "Conservative Party" if you will.

Comment

I think both parties are a wee bit on the psycho side, and I wish there was a calm middle ground party, that was taken seriously as a party, and considered a realistic option for feilding a few candidates with actual elective potential...
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Yeah, the Reactionary wing of the "republican" party has been pushing actual Conservatives out for several years now, calling them names like "RINO" and such.

Somehow, Reactionary types seem to be much the same people who go in for Fundamentalist fantasizing about the world in a big way.
        HEY ADMIN

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT

Comment

I truly believe in my heart-of-hearts that most people, Dems, Repubs, whatever are moderates and it's the fringes that are the vocal minority. There are a lot of people who, even though they consider themselves purely Rep or Dem, lean more Reupublican on some things and more Democrat on other things but have found a comfortable spot in the middle.

I could be wrong, but it's just hard for me to believe that there are actually that many whackos in this country. I know my own brand of mental illness doesn't cover my political leanings.
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I don't know whether the article is accurate or not, but trying to get unbiased info on republicans from the huffpo is like looking for an article praising obama from fox news.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
              I truly believe in my heart-of-hearts that most people, Dems, Repubs, whatever are moderates and it's the fringes that are the vocal minority. There are a lot of people who, even though they consider themselves purely Rep or Dem, lean more Reupublican on some things and more Democrat on other things but have found a comfortable spot in the middle.

I could be wrong, but it's just hard for me to believe that there are actually that many whackos in this country. I know my own brand of mental illness doesn't cover my political leanings.
              Trust me, the number is very large. Pretty much every evangelical and charismatic christian is like that (I just stopped going to church this summer, and it's its like that everywhere, on Christian TV, Christian Radio of all types, etc) The support of the Tea Party probably around 30 to 40% (In April a poll said it was 41%), so you can figure that's at least a third of the people in the US are like that.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                They've become so extreme that they are even loosing the support of their own party. I should know - they lost me several years ago. I'm glad to find that I'm not alone...
                I asked the Hubby if he thought this was what happened to him (we used to have tons of political debates, and now we only really differ on the finer points of things like gun legislation or term limits for congressmen). He says that my evil influence corrupted him. :devilish:

we used to have this really awesome devil smiley, I miss it...

Click image for larger version

Name:	face-devil-md.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	351596
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                  According to an article in Huffington Post,

It's about time people realize this - especially the Republicans. They've become so extreme that they are even loosing the support of their own party. I should know - they lost me several years ago. I'm glad to find that I'm not alone...
                  53% of people think they're beyond the mainstream, that includes democrats and republicans, and every other party. To be honest, that's half the population. That's not significant considering that other half of democrats don't view them as beyond the mainstream. As for a quarter of the republican party, that's not suprising though, especially with the influx of libertarians trying to actually get somewhere politically, because our country is trying to make our system a 2-party system with cash.
                  I was Hadad2008 when I joined Feb 2008.
                  I became Abdishtar this spring.
                  Then, after the Great Crash, I was reborn as Spartacandream!

Comment

Working...
                  X