My son sees ghosts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son sees ghosts...

I have always been sensitive to spirit activity and have seen, heard and felt things since I was VERY young.

I know most kids can but I think he's super sensitive to them. He kept telling me that there was one in our Kitchen and bathroom. Then he spent the night at his Mimi's house (which is haunted) and he kept telling her the... ghost was "right there MIMI!" and pointing to the spot where we always see him. Creepy from the mouth of a 2 year old! Both my boyfriend and I have had to explain to him about good ghosts and bad ghosts and that all you have to say if it's really bothering you is "go away, get out of my house, I don't want you here, etc".
    I didn't think anything was here when he was telling me about it, I didn't feel anything, but after he walked a bit to the bathroom and told it to go away I sure as hell did! Yeesh!
    I'm fine with it and everything it's just that sometimes it scars me because he'll come running out of his room to tell me a ghost was in there and it was mean....at which point we tell him to tell whatever it is to go away and leave him alone. He will and it usually at least makes him feel better.

Does anyone else with kids have the same things happen??

Re: My son sees ghosts...

I'm wondering if maybe he's just imagining things, at least part of the time. Certainly children are less jaded and therefore more sensitive to spirit energies, but they also have wild imaginations and are extremely susceptible to suggestion. Not trying to rain on your parade or anything, but it's usually best to turn to Occam's razor first.

If you feel that there is something less than friendly hanging around, I suggest you investigate further on your own and take action if necessary.
    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
    -Erik Erikson

Comment

I agree with Clive. Do you speak about ghosts a lot around him? For him to be two and know the word ghost, it means he hears you or someone speak of them. Did he point the spirits out before he knew what it was? My mother is also sensitive to ghosts, but because she spoke of them constantly, I bet some of my ghost encounters as a child was just me always depending on that conclusion instead of being rational. Not that he doesn't see them, some children definitely have the gift! Perhaps his "ghost" is just the "boogeyman in the closet" sometimes. Though it wouldn't hurt to sage the house!

Comment

I used to be so much like this, but I later found out that some of the time that I was just imagining things out of what they really were (like shadows being shadows, except I thought they were ghosts). Other times they were very real. Now, I can just feel the spirits instead of seeing them. At my other house we "cleansed"/"blessed" the house a few years after we moved in, and the ghosts stopped appearing... sort of. Maybe you should investigate a little more about the house (like history maybe) and see if the spirit is friendly or not. Other than that and maybe "cleansing"/"blessing" the house, I don't know what else there is to do. And again, he could be imagining some/most of it.
        "Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams - they all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as religions do - they all contain truths."
        -Muhammad Ali

Comment

I would say 99% of the time he's not imagining it. We never used the term "ghost" in reference to the spirit activity in our apartment. He picked it up from an old Mickey Mouse cartoon he used to watch. However, how they portrayed a ghost wasn't what I would concider a "real" ghost (based on experience). Most of the time we'll ask him to describe it to us, he does to the best of his abilities, usually it's a person. Nothing more, that he calls a ghost, he knows/has known the difference without us explaining it to him. Now yes there are times when he sees something that is made up but it's easy to tell when that's what it is. First he hesitates when describing it. He's always seems to see things, even when VERY young. He would laugh at the walls and play with something/one in front of him when there was nothing but air. Just last week he was telling us about "the little boy" who kept "waking him up to play". I have no doubt my son can see things most of us cannot.
          One another note: our apartment complex is from the 1970s and there have been multiple deaths and murders over the course of its existence. We need to get out of here.
          I used to sage every place we move into until I had my son. Now I've been a bit confused and reading such conflicting information about this: is it okay to burn sage in a small poorly ventilated space with people home? I keep reading that you shouldn't inhale the smoke (or as little as possible), well it's wouldn't be on purpose but it would also be unavoidable in such a situation as this. What do you think??

Comment

Personally, I'd say half the time he's right, and half the time its imagination (other kids actually saw these things when they were little? I thought it was just me) I think I can sort of of tell the difference from the false and true nowadays - sort of like differing between dreams and visions (correct me if I am wrong). See a two-legged giraffe in the hallway = imagination. See the dead dog that watched over/protected you as a kid = spirit. Why half instead of 99% - if the images and words stick right, I think an image can easily crop up (especially in the modern popup in-your-face world).

Sage question: Got a window? Burn it for its use, then open window and blow away the smoke. As I am just starting into looking at sage and smoke, I have no clue if this would be bad either spiritually or practically. Perhaps Moderation and buy a fan to help clear it up? Wax with the same smell/properties as sage and a candle melter?

Comment

My 14 year old son had something to eat last night and when he finished he took his plate out to the kitchen and he put it on the bench and then his plate lifted up then he saw a teenage girl standing there he said that it looked like she had a lot of stab wounds with blood everywhere on her, this was the first time he had ever seen a ghost he was that scared out of his mind he could not move of the couch in the lounge, I had a feeling that our house was haunted because I would hear doors slamming through the house while everyone else was asleep, I even checked the bedrooms where my partner and my children were sleeping and they were all sound asleep.

Is it possible that someone was murdered in our house?

Comment

I have smoke issues, so I don't do alot of burning of herbs (sometimes, I will add them to wax and melt the wax to symbolize the burning of the herb,) sage smells especially bad, and the first time I tried it I was living at home with my mom, and she thought it smelled like weed... So any more I make an infision of sage, (hot water add sage, strain.) and put the resulting water in a spray bottle and mist. this way, you can add things like salt (good for purifying and cleansing.) or calming herbs or oils (chamomile, lavender) to bring a semblance of peace to your home without burning or smoking yourself out. Just a suggestion, it doeswnt feel as ritual-y as burning sage, but it is good on the lungs.

- - - Updated - - -

@chuckygirl3, it is quite easy to check for murders in your area, via google. This also could be just and image from somewhere else, but I personally do not have alot of experience with any sort of hauntings, the nurses insist that the hospice floor is haunted, it used to be the psyche ward... I insist that they have watched too many scary movies with dumb repeating plots... eigther way, when I meditated on it the only spirit I sensed was a bird who flew into a window, and died... maybe thats what they are afraid of? I think people assume that all spirits are tied to the places they dies, and I tend not to agree, I feel like most humans anyway are more interrested in places that they were happy in, or miserable, however they tend to lean. I am not an expert though.
                Last edited by Maria de Luna; 07 Jan 2013, 02:57. Reason: spelling issues
                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

There are ma ny ways to purify space without burning anything. Salt, blessed water (you can bless it yourself) and my own favourite whihc is ringing a bell. All these things are a good idea but please, DON'T do them when your son is around, and don't mention that you've done it.

The problem with any sort of paranormal activity is that it can feed on itself. The more you talk about things, the worse they are. We have a very active house - but for us that isn't a problem. We have reached an agreement with the other occupants.

There is nothing wrong with a child (or anyone else for that matter) seeing ghosts. But be careful - children pick up all too easily on what they think the adults want. So while I'm not belittling your story at all, do please stay calm. Start your own investigations... if people say there have been many deaths, for example, find out more (quietly.) Often these are little more than urban legends which take on a life of their own and can be as spectacular as many a haunting.

A 'sick' building can have many causes - ghosts are not the only reason. A bad site (dowsing can sometimes reveal this) or even a chthonic entity somewhere (of in basements and cellars). If you want more specific advice, just ask
                  www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

It is my opinion that most sighted ghosts are not people who once lived. They appear to us in a way that is most effective. Whether that be for "good" or "bad" is situational and subjective.

Comment

Something I forgot to mention in my earlier post - cleansing space and banishing are rather different; you do not have to banish everything you do not understand. Often you can come to an understanding with it. At the moment I am not convinced that the problem is a 'ghost' as such, and you need to make some notes and keep records until you are certain what you're dealing with.

Cleansing your space where you live however, is unlikely to do any harm, and will keep things relatively calm until you can decide on your best course of action. Staying calm and sensible is often the very best course of action in order to discover what the situation really is.
                      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I agree very much with Tylluan Penry, if you constantly keep the topic of ghosts active, the issue will stay. Remember Freddy Kruger movies where he only came back if you remembered him? LOL I'm not saying ignore it, do exactly as Tylluan said. My mother sees spirits and because she had a family that always fueled the fire, she keeps seeing them and always will. (and she'll love to tell everyone all about it ASAP) I, however, do not even flinch when something happens. Therefore, a spirit only comes to me when something is about to go down. Any time someone close to me is about to die, spirits get in my face, otherwise, they never bother me, they know I won't care. lol

Comment

I had the same problem as a child. No one would believe me. It was terrible for me. I FEEL he does indeed see them.....2 maybe 3.....one is an old man.

Comment

Working...
                          X