Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

forgetting spells :)

hi

Okay so I notice that when I do a spell in the mind frame of "idk if this works or not, im just gunna do it" it works. Its probally because I do the spell and have no desire to think about it right after!

however when I really need something, I can't get in that mind set. I start saying negative things which probally counteract it.(I OCD alot) so then it doesnt manifest... so then I say I give up! then two or three months later it works cause I FORGOT about it :O

my question is, how do you forget about spells after doing them. I can't just say "okay I give up" everytime and then it works... and that mind set I have it before is hard to tap into when you need something (such as money)

I have had spells work for me, when A) Ive done them during the plantary hours and B) when I compleatly forgot about it right after :O

so, how do you forget about spells, and counter act those negetive emotions/thoughts (maybe affirmations that I can write for my self) ty

Re: forgetting spells

The way I've always been taught / seen it work well is to simply build up the intent and then "release" it - in other words, by letting go. Forgetting is one great way to know that you've finally let it go

That's actually kinda how most Sigil Magic is done. You write out what you want, you take out repeated letters and vowels, make a symbol from what's left, and then tweak it so that it "looks magical". In the end, a lot of people have found it best to do several at once, so that you forget which one is for what. But it is still best to completely let go, even past that. And then, you draw them in your mind's eye during a moment of gnosis.

The real challenge, no matter your approach, is to reach the point of truly letting go - the sooner, the better. Sigil Magic simply focuses on this as an element of the act of "casting". When it comes to money, either find a way to know that you'll survive even if your finances fall apart, or simply find some security in confidently *knowing* that it'll be handled, even if the spell/ sigil / rite fails.

Affirmations help, as does a bit of perspective. But really, it also helps to have something else to throw the entirety of your focus upon afterwards. Stoplights can make great practice for this You want it to change, and you're late for work? Well, build up and release that intent, and uhm... then suddenly focus completely on somethign else. As you can imagine, ADHD couldn't hurt ya there
    "A true initiation never ends"-Robert Anton Wilson
    http://www.hermetic.com/crowley
    "Reality has become a commodity"-Stephen Colbert 1/29/07
    http://www.chaosmatrix.org/
    "Sometimes, when you can't breathe, there are people there to breathe for you" - Aesop Rock
    http://upholdingmaat.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
    X