Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What song(s) do you find the most emotional for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What song(s) do you find the most emotional for you?

NON-SECULAR

As the title tells, this is a song by Ensemble Organum. I couldn't find it online anywhere, so I ended up buying the cd from a European site. Here it is for ...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

EMOTIONAL & BEAUTIFUL recitation of the Qur'an by Sheikh Mishary Rashed al-Afasy. I've included the English translation so everyone can understand && compreh...

The last one is particularly emotional. Mishary starts crying several times in the middle of his chant.
    There once was a man who said though,
    It seems that I know that I know,
    What I'd like to see,
    Is the I that knows me,
    When I know that I know that I know.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Crazy Man Michael still gives me goosebumps.
      If you want to be thought intelligent, just agree with everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by dragonfyre00x View Post
        H.I.M. - "For You (Acoustic)"

(as a newbie, no links - sorry!!)

I can't even hear this song without my heart melting. I love pretty much every song this band cranks out, but this one in particular really touches a tender spot with me, and I'm not even sure why. I guess it's nostalgia, maybe. Been listening to them since I was in high school and I just can't ever get enough love metal.
        I love that song! I get the nostalgia factor with a lot of H.I.M. songs, too. My boyfriend has poked fun at me for being such a sap for "Funeral of Hearts", but it has been one of my favourite songs for a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

X Japan's "Forever Love" always gets to me. Similarly, Rufus Wainwright's "Memphis Skyline" is probably one of the most touching tributes I've ever heard, not to mention that it was written for Jeff Buckley, one of my all-time favourite musicians who drowned while swimming in a channel of the Mississippi River. I guess I just have a tough time with songs about dead musicians, ha ha. But these two really get to me. They remind me of the fleeting nature of life and the sorrow we're left with when loved ones pass on before us. These songs have actually acted as coping mechanisms in times of loss for me, so I suppose I connect with them on a pretty emotional level, not just the fact that they're connected to musicians I like who have died.

Comment

World Of Blades by Marduk. His lyrics are beautiful in the break down.

"
          And the light of the new dawn shall come as flames of destruction
          The hope of man shall melt like wax before the flame
          And the earth shall open and re-open and shall hunger for flesh
          Thirsty blades shall glitter at every gate
          Sharpened - blessed - and polished for slaughter
          And the might of the new law shall be as vast cataclysms
          Violently tearing time and space to shreds
          And the blood of the lamb shall blacken and become as tar
          Death shall stand like a mountain of power
          And you and your fellow beings shall give thanks!
          "

Comment

I can't post links yet.
            "Like You" Evanescence. I start crying at the line "I long to be like you sis Lie cold in the ground like you did There's room inside for two."
            "Daddy" Korn. If you look up this song be warned it's a very disturbing song. The line that gets me is "And f*** your own child I scream No one hears me It hurt I'm not a liar." because I went through a horrible experience with my biological father and that line makes me think of it and how many people think I'm lying when I tell them. Plus at the end you can hear the lead singer crying and screaming it breaks my heart when I hear it.

Comment

Nickleback - Far Away

Reminds me of a special someone, and the fact taht some dreams though sweet wont always be

Comment

My blog
                On Instagram
                On Witches' Voice

Comment

This one i forgot about but it really does speak to me her playing is just sooo beautiful

Comment

Edith Piaf. Especially Je ne regrette rien and La vie en rose. She died fifty years ago, but it's still pure magic!
                    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                      Edith Piaf. Especially Je ne regrette rien and La vie en rose. She died fifty years ago, but it's still pure magic!
                      Ah, yes, her music is wonderful! Did you see that film about her life (La Vie en Rose)?
                      My blog
                      On Instagram
                      On Witches' Voice

Comment

Until It Sleeps................Metallica.

Comment

Marques Toliver- Deep in My Heart

SUBSCRIBE TO CHANNEL: https://mhgny.lnk.to/subscribeIDSTREAM ON SPOTIFY: https://mhgny.lnk.to/SpotifyLISTEN ON APPLE MUSIC: https://mhgny.lnk.to/applemusicAR...

Comment

sade - by your side

Comment

Sorry, I know I just posted (again) but I just found this musician as soon as I was finished watching the video I posted.

Lisa Hannigan- Little Birds
                              The official video for Little Bird, from Lisa Hannigan's album Passenger.Passenger is available now: www.smarturl.it/passengerVideo directed by Myles O'Reill...

and Lille
                              Filmed by James Minchin, this is an intimate, acoustic rendition of "Lille", with just Lisa and her guitar.

Comment

This one tugs on the old heart strings http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT8GQpRc-qw

Comment

Working...
                                X