Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What assumptions did you have when you read usernames of other members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What assumptions did you have when you read usernames of other members?

<----- Zs are sexy, peeps. Utterly, totally sexy. I'm tellin' ya.

I've also gone by 'Purrzephone'
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
      Zs are sexy, peeps. Utterly, totally sexy. I'm tellin' ya.
      It's true. Unfortunately, Qs are nerdy, so the sexiness of my Z is negated.
      Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

<----- Zs are sexy, peeps. Utterly, totally sexy. I'm tellin' ya.

I've also gone by 'Purrzephone'

Let's not forget the attraction of a runaway 'j!'
        No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbybobby99 View Post
          I just use the name bobbybobby99 because it is easy to remember
          What first impressions do people get from my name, anyways.
          Overt optimism and overt cynicism are both equally horrendous to my senses. Having a perfectly balanced view of the world only slightly less so. By goddess have an opinion, but kindly avoid blaring it like a wide-eyed idealist or a suicidal Goth.

Comment

I picture Bobby Sherman from back in the day.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
              *puts hand up*

Though I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Once upon a time, when I was younger and stupider, this was my 'craft name'. I actually no longer really use a 'craft name' but at the time it seemed like a good idea given that my first forum was a pagan one and I was trying to connect with a pagan community.

Of course... one day you realise that it's now six years later and you've used it on eight different forums, three blogs, an email address and your DA account... and that you really can't be bothered changing it. lol

As far as assumptions go... I actually don't make assumptions based on username or avatar. Sometimes I think... now how the hell did they come up with THAT? But that's not an assumption lol
              I feel ya! haha

I just sing your name. Can't help it... bobby bobby nine-ty-niiiiiiiine!
              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
              Seen the desert and the birds
              You cut your hair short
              Like a shush to an insult
              The world had been yelling
              Since the day you were born
              Revolting with anger
              While it smiled like it was cute
              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                Thalassa - What in the world is that? Made up?

when I see peeps that don't caps anything, I wonder if they are rebellious, an e e cummings fan, or trying to make a statement about grammar

or all three
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  when I see peeps that don't caps anything, I wonder if they are rebellious, an e e cummings fan, or trying to make a statement about grammar

or all three
                  My first thought? Remember my cynicism. My first thought is pure laziness. Closely related to any "txt spk" kind of name. I'm so judgemental!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I am guilty of this, but my excuse is that the iPad sucks. I also loathe poor grammar and spelling, and love being taught when I'm wrong on things, but it's the iPad I swear!

RIP

You cut your hair short
                    Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post

Let's not forget the attraction of a runaway 'j!'
                      Runaway 'j's make me picture big, hairy, brawny men running around with big axes. Or sometimes big hairy bears running around with axes.
                      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Runaway 'j's make me picture big, hairy, brawny men running around with big axes. Or sometimes big hairy bears running around with axes.
                        A bear there was, a bear, a BEEEAAARRR! All black and brown and covered with hair!

RIP

You cut your hair short
                        Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

You know me so well -tear-
                          No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Man, reading all y'all's posts made me giggle.

Anybody think anything weird when they saw my screen name?
                            Kemetic Blog - http://www.inspiringrainbow.wordpress.com

Bring your grains of Salt.

Comment

Originally posted by Domiel View Post
                              Man, reading all y'all's posts made me giggle.

Anybody think anything weird when they saw my screen name?
                              Not "weird" exactly, but I though it said "Daniel" at first.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                                A bear there was, a bear, a BEEEAAARRR! All black and brown and covered with hair!
                                I love that song!

Comment

Working...
                                X