X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What question do you hate being asked?

As the title says, go!
    [4:82]

Re: What question do you hate being asked?

"How did you two meet?"

None of your effing business, that's how.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
      "How did you two meet?"

None of your effing business, that's how.
      ^^this right here
      Or "Why don't you have children yet? You're not getting any younger!"

*slap*
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

"Oh, you have [insert arts or liberal arts] degree. Are you going to teach?"

I love how most people think because I have anything except an education and communications degree I'm going to teach. It's not that the education degree is a given as much they don't expect them to use it at all. The logic with all of this just...wow. I even get it from advisors.
        my etsy store
        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
        surrounded by plush, downy things,
        ill prepared, but willing,
        to descend."

Comment

"Your name is Topher? How did you come up with that?" Sure, it's an unusual name, but isn't it obvious?
          Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
          -Erik Erikson

Comment

"What do you do?" Anyone who asks me what I do is just sniffing for a piece of my take home pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathematica View Post
              "What do you do?" Anyone who asks me what I do is just sniffing for a piece of my take home pay.
              Do you live in the States? It's not something we tend to do so much in the UK, but I have worked and even lived with people from various parts of the USA and as a very general rule, they seem to find it more acceptable to discuss wages and income than we do here. Just a cultural difference, but it's really weird if you're not used to it.

I hate the question, 'So what made you return to England?' No matter which country is being discussed prior to this, leaving was not a happy event, so please.. just accept that I'm here now and leave me alone. ^^
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

"Is that a Satan star?"

Seeing as how I live in Alabama, I get this a lot. You'd think after living here for so long it wouldn't annoy me as much anymore.
                Nope definitely still does. I know they're just curious and they lack that knowledge, but still..
                "The fire could not be tamed with the wind,
                nor the wind suppressed by the flames.
                As blending the Light with the Dark
                merely results in Grey." -Ville Friman

Comment

I live in Seattle. I visited th UK in the early 90's and now that you mention it I don't remember being asked there what I did. I major in Math online, so it must be hard for people in the mundane non internet world to be able to see what I am doing with my life right now. It still irritates me. I mean, around here here I can be sitting in a coffee shop and people won't even talk to me if I don't tell them what I do. Anyway, math isn't like selling clothes or driving a bus. It's an intellectual occupation and I doubt most of the people who are asking me what I do can understand what I do anyway.

Comment

Are those your real eyes.

For the ladies faking colored eyes, go f yourself.

Yes. My mother and father gave me these eyes.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      Are those your real eyes.

For the ladies faking colored eyes, go f yourself.

Yes. My mother and father gave me these eyes.
                      I get that with my hair. "Is your hair real? Can I touch it?"

...what? NO.

Mostly art.

Comment

"What's your name?"

You are a stranger talking to me and making me uncomfortable simply by standing near me. If I'm not behind a counter w/a name tag on, or someone I'm starting a bank account with, you don't need to know my name. And that includes you, Starbucks.
                        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Hmm, dependent on circumstances, all of them.

Some questions are only hated when asked by specific people, some are hated if asked online, some are hated in general.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Around where I'm presently living, "Which church do you go to?"

In general, "How come you never remarried?"
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

What/Who is... (insert pagan, scientific reference, historical figure, philosophy, et cetera)
                              Curiosity is one thing. Blab is another. Nowdays this is used like "how's the weather"

Comment

Working...
                              X