sweet potato soup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweet potato soup.

Has anyone got a good recipe? I had some the other day which was made with a bit of maple, but it is expensive to buy, and I can't find one online that looks the same, so I would love some suggestions! Or even other places to look...

Thanks!
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Re: sweet potato soup.

I don't like sweet sweet potato recipes...I like 'em savory. I made a root veggie "stew" (it was thicker than a soup) last week that was freeking yummers, with super thinly sliced potato, sweet potato, carrots and turnip, in chicken stock, with cannellini beans and diced tomatoes.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

this might interest you. It's sweet parsnip and carrot soup, but you could probably alter it to be potatoes instead. I'm going to be making it tomorrow, I think (as soon as I run out of chili to eat)

Mostly art.

Comment

I often put sweet potatoes in my pumpkin soup. I don't work with recipes for this, but here's what I do:

Chop up a mixture of pumpkin or fall squash, sweet potatoes, and regular potatoes (if you want them...I don't always put them in, but it makes for a starchier soup). Cauliflower also works well, and is a good alternative to the white potatoes. I also chop a few onions into quarters, and peel some garlic cloves. Sometimes a bit of peeled fresh ginger can also be good. You could also play around with it and add carrots and parsnips, if you wanted to.

Throw everything into a large pan, sprinkle with olive oil, and roast in the oven for about 45 minutes, give or take. Make sure you toss the mixture periodically so that you don't have a dry top and wet bottom. If it looks dry, add a bit more oil.

When everything is roasted, throw everything into a pot and fill the pot with water, and boil. I usually add some chicken stock as well, but not a lot. Add salt and pepper to taste. I also like tarragon, ginger, and ground cloves in this soup.

Turn down the heat once it's started to boil, and simmer for about 30 mins, or until the liquid has gone down a bit. When it's done, take a hand blender and blend everything together. Give it a taste test, and add more salt and seasonings until you're happy with it.

You can serve it alone, but I also like it with some or all of the following options: sour cream or yogurt, green onions or chives, and/or smoked or canned salmon.

I might blog this one lol.

Comment

Working...
        X