Two Dreams in Need of Interpretation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Dreams in Need of Interpretation

I really like sleep. That brief moment of haziness right before everything fades to black, observing the magnificent thoughts of your subconscious, occasionally becoming aware of your condition of dreaming within the dream, and my personal favorite, sleep paralysis (yes, that is an enjoyable expierence for me). I really, really like sleep, and for some time now I have been keeping a journal next to my bed for when I wake up and am able to remember a dream clearly, so that I may record it, but rarely are they as... Poignant as this one which I had recently. I cannot for the life of me make sense of it- and I rarely try to do that with my own dreams. I am not objective enough to analyze my own dreams, or pick out certain meanings, also, I like to let them fade away ephemeral and beautiful, rather than shed light on them, and ruin the mystery... However, this recent one, well... It was different, and I cannot stop thinking about it. I know that there is a dream interpretation thread specifically for this (I posted a friends lucid dream in there), but I felt this was serious enough to warrant it's own thread... Perhaps you'll agree after you read it.

I really would appreciate it if someone far more knowledgeable than I on such topics would help me to shed light onto this. I know that the beauty of it will disappear, but... I require clarity on this one. Also, it is quite lengthy, so much so that it exceeds the 10k character rule, so I will have to post it in two parts.

First and foremost, I would like to thank whoever takes the time to read this, whether you aid me or not, you have my thanks for at least giving it notice.

Spoiler!

Re: Two Dreams in Need of Interpretation

(Ignore this, posting to help with post size limits?)
    Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Spoiler!

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose a better title would have been "a two-part dream in need of interpretation"...

Comment

Originally posted by egregor View Post
        I really like sleep.
        "Oh boy, sleep! That's where I'm a viking!" -Ralph Wiggum

(sorry, couldn't help myself)

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by egregor View Post
        and my personal favorite, sleep paralysis (yes, that is an enjoyable expierence for me).
        Um, yes, you are weird. Sleep paralysis was the most disturbing experience for me. But then, I didn't know what it was at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay but seriously, in regard to your dreaming. Be aware that lucid dreaming does water down meaning. I am Jungian in perspective on the id. No one can fully interpret a dream without some dialogue because so many associations are personal rather than universal. But, that being said, a few things seem evident from your dream.

1) I don't know how old you are, but I am guessing young adult.
        2) You are or want to be a writer.
        3) There are obvious freudosexual symbols in there I won't bother to discuss but could have personal implications.
        4) An ocean that is water but not water tells us you are dreaming about something subconscious.
        5) The hidden garden in a cave that is not a normal cave tells us the same thing.
        6) The warning voice in the cave (male or female?) tells us this dream is important for you.
        7) The fact that you remember the dream in vivid detail and keep thinking about it tells us the same thing.
        8) The warning voice also tells us that what you find in the cavern is hidden and protected from your conscious mind (or was until now).
        9) Obviously, the two "children" are the key.
        9a) horns indicate chthonic or subconscious nature
        9b) chained in cells--they have been kept secret until the appointed time in your life for them to be revealed.
        9c) what do they represent -- parts of youself, in potential, not yet discovered and developed but are now presenting themselves. They will now grow and be a part of your life if you so choose it.

A new stage in your development is at hand. You will find new strengths, insights or impulses you were not fully conscious of before.

What are they exactly? Don't know for sure, but from a Jungian perspective it is most likely anima and shadow. The female and repressed parts of self respectively.

There is a chance that you will reject and repress them, and they will (symbolically) remain chained in their cells.

There is also the chance you will discover and grow them into your conscious life in which case, over time you will no long encounter them (or other versions) in your dreams (over time).

My three cents anyway.

and maybe try shorter posts in future

Comment

Oh and the garden is likely a manifestation of Self (capital S). If ego is the self you know, Self is the larger you including the parts you don't know or understand or accept.

It is a Jungian truism, that you cannot know the Self until you first come to terms with anima (or animus) and shadow.

Comment

Working...
          X