Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ghosts, spirits walking the Earth as we know it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghosts, spirits walking the Earth as we know it?

Hi everyone, I'd like to know about a certain experience I had a few years ago when I was maybe 16 or 17 and was hoping to find out if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Long story short, I saw my grandfather's ghost... While he was (and is) still alive! I was asleep in his living room when I awoke to his footsteps on the wooden floor (when you've known someone for long enough you begin to learn what their footsteps sound like). I didn't want him to wake me so I pretended to be asleep, while facing the only door to the room, and some glass cabinets with reflective surfaces. I saw him dressed in white coming in through the door, walk in front of me between me and the cabinets, and in the reflective glass of the cabinets I saw his reflection pass behind me. Right when he should have come back into my line of sight he and his footsteps just disappeared. I thought nothing of it and went back to sleep.

Some time later he came back into the room to wake me up. I asked him if he had come in earlier and he told me nobody had been home for hours, and the whole family had gone out for dinner and returned only five minutes ago while I was asleep. It was then that I recalled the things that I didn't bother to question earlier, the grandpa I saw earlier that night was entirely white, glowing and somewhat translucent! It wasn't his father or brothers (all of whom were alive at that time) or ancestors even, I'm 100% sure I saw a projection of my own grandpa. He even had footsteps and a reflection!

I'm not quite sure what to make of this experience and I was wondering if anyone has had something similar happen to them? My grandpa is like a father to me but doesn't have many years left on this plane... I was hoping to know more about his "representative" as he likes to call it, and wondering if "he" will come back to check on me after my grandpa is gone or if I will be able to call on him in times of need.

Re: Ghosts, spirits walking the Earth as we know it?

I'm shooting in the dark here, but there's the old myth about the Fetch from europe:

The fetch is described as an exact, spectral double of a living human, whose appearance is regarded as ominous. As such, it is similar to the Germanic , and to some conceptions of the British wraith.[1][2] Francis Grose associated the term with Northern England in his 1787 Provincial Glossary, but otherwise it seems to have been in popular use only in Ireland. A sighting of a fetch is generally taken as a portent of its exemplar's looming death, though John and Michael Banim report that if the double appears in the morning rather than the evening, it is instead a sign of a long life in store.[1]
    Or maybe it could have been a manifestation of his higher self, or a projection of his astral body, something along those lines? Though it doesn't seem like either of those would just happen randomly while he's doing something else.

It also could have been something else entirely, spirits and entities taking on the appearance of other people isn't unknown.

Or it's possible it was just a blurring of your perception between dream and reality, I know I've had such things happen before. One time I was drifting in and out of consciousness, I could have sworn I heard my sister and her husband walking through the hallway outside my room talking loudly, but when I woke up fully I found out that they hadn't been anywhere near the house that day.

Comment

Thank you so much for the links, I'll be sure to read them when I have the time (I'm at the gym at the moment haha)! I did a bit of reading and came across the concept of bilocation, when someone projects their astral self to another location either willingly or unknowingly. As far as I know there are no ominous or negative meanings surrounding bilocation, one article I read where the author knew two people who had bilocated and were still alive and well many years later when the article was written. Before I started reading about these things I thought what I saw may have been a separate entity but most of what I've read suggests that the man I saw and my grandfather are both one and the same. It's strange because my grandpa will deny he believes I such matters until the day he dies!

Comment

My dad was raised in Cajun country (Baton Rouge, Louisiana), and he was familiar with things like fetches.

My dad told me about an incident involving his fetch & my mother. My dad was a long-haul truck driver. Not too long after my parents were married, my dad was in a severe accident - the other driver involved died & my dad suffered some heavy injuries. The night before he left for that particular trip, my mother was in the kitchen getting things ready for him (he used to leave around 4am to beat traffic). My mother always knew when my dad had come into the room, even w/her back turned, and that night she turned around to tell him to go back to bed, but then realized she could see through him. It startled her into dropping his thermos & breaking the glass inside, actually waking him up. My mother didn't tell my father about the incident until after someone from the hospital contacted her to let her know that he had been in the accident. When he recovered enough to be brought home, he told her that if she ever saw his fetch, she needed to let him know & he would avoid going on that particular job.

Well, a few years later, my dad had gone on a short run to Canada, and it was winter time. My mom woke up in the middle of the first night he was gone because my see-through dad was standing by the bed. Early the next morning, she got a phone call from a hospital in BC letting her know that my dad was in the ER with a concussion and borderline hypothermia. He had stepped out of his truck onto a board that he thought was just in a small puddle of water but was actually a very clear, thick sheet of ice. He knocked his head on the running board & battery case of the truck & was laying mostly under it. A passing driver noticed the running semi w/the open door sitting by the road & stopped to investigate & saw my dad's feet sticking out from under the cab of the truck. I got to hear that story myself.

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
        One time I was drifting in and out of consciousness, I could have sworn I heard my sister and her husband walking through the hallway outside my room talking loudly, but when I woke up fully I found out that they hadn't been anywhere near the house that day.
        My husband & I refer to these types of things as 'psychic echoes'. It's like certain places record the goings-on of its residents & then replays it randomly. It doesn't always take a place a long time. We've had our dog for about five years, and her collar makes a certain jingling sound when she's moving around the house. Sometimes she'll be laying on the couch, asleep, her collar definitely not moving enough to jingle - and we'll hear her trotting around in the back yard. Or she'll be in the back yard and we'll hear her in my husband's bedroom. Or even her nails on the kitchen tile. It's weird.
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Probably an etheric double. I've seen them too and they are fairly common though not to be confused with crisis Apparitions where someone who is in trouble, but still alive, appears to the living.
          The change of lighting you mention is particularly common with etheric doubles, but not something to worry about. A fascinating experience though!
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Working...
          X