Growing plants and mint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growing plants and mint

I am growing a small mint plant in a glass container in my bedroom. Since I have acquired it I have fewer problems with certain spirits. I've felt more at peace as well. I don't know any magical uses for mint, I just like the smell and flavor. I am curious though, does mint have any uses in magic? Can a growing plant have magical properties on it's own? I suppose if the leaves or roots can have properties it makes sense that the living growing plant would have similar or more potent properties, but I'm not sure. Anyone have some insight on this?

Re: Growing plants and mint

Mint has a number of magical applications--I'm going to assume you are talking about peppermint (the mint family is actually a pretty big one, but I think this is the one most people mean when they say mint!!)...in which case, its good to induce insight, intuition, and dreamwork, it also is useful in purification and healing spells, and in love spells, particularly those regarding relieving wounds to the heart. Depending on whose herbal you use, Peppermint corresponds with Mercury and Fire as a masculine herb, or with water and Venus as a feminine herb.

The growing plant has just as many magical and medicinal properties as one that has been picked and processed...I'm not sure I would say that they are more potent, or not as a whole, but they do have the added benefit of a life force behind their magical essence.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Growing plants and mint

The idea of the living growing plant is that it changes the vibration of its surrounding area, much as a person affects his or her surrounding area. The story for mint is removing negativity and encouraging love. The smell of mint is supposed to help a person sleep, so the bedroom is an excellent location.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
      X