Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God and Goddess?

Hello!

As always I have questions for everybody!

Assuming you have found a God and Goddess

who are they?

do you believe they are the only real God and Goddess, or do you acknowledge they're more than who you celebrate?

Do there histories match up? or are they from separate pantheons?

Thanks! Blessed be!

Re: God and Goddess?

I'm currently partial to Cernunnos and Macha of the Irish pantheon. Only real? No. They are who I feel right working with now. There are many others that I admire and revere.
    Sleep, my friend, and you will see
    That dream is my reality

Comment

There are a few goddesses I currently work with, they are not all from the same pantheon, and they are not the only real ones. But I think that they are all real in their own way.

I also have to say that I honestly don't care if that means I am a little crazy, or if someone thinks its a neuroses, but that is a topic for another day. :P
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I have a number of deities that I honor, that correspond to the natural world around me. They are not the only deities, and they are not all from the same pantheon.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jadine View Post
          who are they?
          I worship Hekate, the Greek and Carian goddess of magic and threshold. Though her aspect as a goddess of witchcraft and retribution was emphasised by the later writers, she has many domains and was widely seen as a protector of the household. Her dominion over boundary lines associated her with graveyards, the underworld, crossroads, doorways. She also had/has rulership over the earth, sea, stars, and the moon; over herbs and magic. The association with witchcraft came with combination of her patronage over knowledge of poisonous herbs, magic-working, and people on the fringe of society--things that the urbanised Greek came to mistrust.
          I also worship the Horned God, but my theology for him is a little peculiar. I view Pan, Cernunnos, and the Green Man as distinct deities while at the same time embodying the archetype of the Horned God--a rustic god of the wild forests, a god of great power and strongly fertility-related features. I see them as "faces" of the Horned God, but faces that have developed their own personalities. Pan is a very youthful, playful god with strong associations with pastoralism, eroticism, and music; he fits in well in the retinue of Dionysus. On the other hand, Cernunnos is a more austere, wise god around whom you feel some sense of fearful reverence--older, more wild and untamed but in an oddly calm sort of way.

do you believe they are the only real God and Goddess, or do you acknowledge they're more than who you celebrate?
          I believe that most of the deities recognised by the ancients are real, but my worship is focused on Hekate and the Horned God. I am not an 'all gods are one god' type of thinker--my experiences with the gods lead me in a more hard polytheist direction.
          Depending on the needs of the ritual at hand, I sometimes honour other gods.

In a way, yes. When I worship the Horned God in his form as Pan, I am worshipping two Greek gods. They were associated with each other in the Greek body of myths to some degree. Both are chthonic deities whose worship extends into the pre-Greek period of the region, even possibly pre-Bronze Age.
          However, as I mentioned earlier, I sometimes honour him as Cernunnos. Who is a Gaulish god, though there is some possibility that his worship also comes from back to the Neolithic.

Comment

The two I deal with that are a decided "team" are Frey and Gerd, the Norse god of fertility and agriculture and his jotun bride. Without getting into all of the ins and outs of what exactly the divine might be, it makes the most sense to me to agree that all are "real" in some form, if any are (and that includes the god I was raised worshiping). I have primarily dealt with Norse beings, although not all from the traditional pantheon.
            Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Assuming you have found a God and Goddess who are they?
              Frau Holda is the goddess I work with a regular basis. Once in a while I have called on Freyja but that is usually in relation to runes or witchcraft. I have also started working with Andvari who may or may not be considered a "god" or part of the Rokkr.

No I decided a long time ago all gods or real or none are.

Holda is more specific to German paganism but basically they come from the same area. Norse/Germanic.

Comment

Currently, I worship the original fertility Goddess, the Mother of all Life. She has gone by contless ways through out history. To the Hebrews, She was El, Ashara or Eshkina. I'm still monoathesite. I believe in only one divine creative authority. I believe other Goddess are actually daughers of Her's, what in modern religious beliefs would call angels. Otherwise, these other Goddess have been smaller aspects of Her. To me, she is simply Mom.

The original faith to profess a belief in only one God had it right. I'm not sure if spiritual beings actually are possessing of gender, or if the way we precieve them in terms of gender just has to do with our perceptions. The true Deity is dual in nature, but in terms of God and Evil. I was once Christian, but not anymore. I can not acknowledge a "Father" figure that bosses orders out and makes the Mom do all the work. I'm feel like I'm being driven to just wander out into the wilderness and live a nature and carefree life. Not sure how long I've got left till this happens. But I have a feeling its going to be pretty soon. Take care guys. If I can't talk to you through the internet, just keep in mind that El, being an infinate spiritual presense connects all spiritual life everywhere. You might call it telepathy, or even magic. Matters of nominclature really don't matter much.

Peace and blessings of love be with all of ye!

Comment

My main patron is the Egyptian God,Set. I also connect with Anubis and the Goddesses Sekhmet and Bast.
                  Even tho I don't consider the Norse pantheon mine I really feel drawn to them. Then I connect with the Celtic pantheon, especially Morrigan.
                  -Jessica [aka Whitewolf]

Comment

I've gotten really close to Wepwawet throughout my life... before I even realized who he was... Aset has come to me more recently, though she has shown influence earlier in life too. I just wasn't ready for what she had to say earlier in life.
                    "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

who are they?
                      Not "they", It. יַהְוֶה.

I acknowledge that It is the divine. I also acknowledge that these other "gods" and "goddesses" exist as psychological archetypes from mankind's collective unconscious. Among these, I must admit, I am quite taken by Ishtar, and have found a kindred spirit in Dionysus.

This, I shall leave to the scholars, as I posses neither the articulation nor the intellect to accurately answer such an important question... Having said that, I do personally find it... Well, fascinating, how there are so many parallels of deities both old and new, throughout history.

Comment

Hello!

As always I have questions for everybody!

Assuming you have found a God and Goddess

who are they?

Thanks! Blessed be!
                        I honor 4 different deities. They are the Gods Belenus and Taranis. The Goddesses are Andraste & Sulis. Them all being Celtic in origin.

Comment

Working...
                        X