Starting a blog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting a blog!

So. I have decided to try blogging as a hobby to improve my writing skills and get my unique thoughts in words.

Seems like it'd be pretty simple to keep up with and I even have a mobile app for it, so I can blog wherever I go! :3 If I can keep up with it and find I like it, I will put my blog in my signature so everybody can read. For now it is just a private blog, for my own enjoyment.

Out of curiousity, how many of you enjoy bloggy as a hobby? What do you usually publish in your blog?
    Kemetic Blog - http://www.inspiringrainbow.wordpress.com

Bring your grains of Salt.

Re: Starting a blog!

I blog. I write about life in Berlin/Germany, recipes, crafts, and travel. Kind of broad, but that's my life so that's what I share.

I'm getting together materials for another blog about Window Displays.

Comment

I've been blogging for a while now. Currently my main blog is about hedgecraft/pagan sorts of things. Herbalism, foraging, rituals, folklore/magic, recipes, holidays, deities and spirits, nature pictures I take, and just personal experiences and day-to-day pagan sorts of things. It's been a nice way to share information I pick up with others, but it's also turned out to be a great way just to keep track of various things I've been up to, spiritually speaking. I also recently started a blog for my second round of the 101 things in 1001 days project which is a bit broader in topics covered.
      Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Originally posted by Gardenia View Post
        I've been blogging for a while now. Currently my main blog is about hedgecraft/pagan sorts of things. Herbalism, foraging, rituals, folklore/magic, recipes, holidays, deities and spirits, nature pictures I take, and just personal experiences and day-to-day pagan sorts of things. It's been a nice way to share information I pick up with others, but it's also turned out to be a great way just to keep track of various things I've been up to, spiritually speaking. I also recently started a blog for my second round of the 101 things in 1001 days project which is a bit broader in topics covered.
        You completed a 101 in 1001? I tried in 09, got about half way through my term, and lost interest.

I've had various blogs throughout the years. I tried straight journalling and I couldn't do it. I tried a 101-in-1001, lost interest. My current blog, which is my travel blog, and I only use it when I travel started its life as a gardening blog, then as a pagan blog, until I deleted all the posts and we're where I'm at now, a few years later.

I'm also currently doing a 365 photo project, which I have a separate blog for. Oh, and I guess I'm contributing to Thal's pagan devotionals thing.

So yeah. Blog on and off.

Mostly art.

Comment

Blogging is so much fun, don't be surprised if you go through a few over the years. I have two; one in my signature where I just ramble about spiritual things and I run one with my friend about anime. hahaha It really does help you keep fresh on writing. When I'ms truggling writing my stories, I just jam away at my keyboard on my blogs.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
            You completed a 101 in 1001? I tried in 09, got about half way through my term, and lost interest.
            Yeah - well, kinda. I started that first one in 2009 too, with a bunch of other people on Livejournal. I'd never really set goals before so I ended up with a bunch of goals I changed part way through, not because they were too hard or anything, but I was just 'meh' about them... which looked like a pretty common problem for a lot of other working on their first list. Then I had to change several more because of a cross country move I wasn't expecting for another year. I did end up doing 101 things in 1001 days, so I figure that should count for something , but this time I took a lot longer to make a list, tried to make it a bit more challenging, with a strict edit on limits.
            Hearth and Hedge

Comment

I blog...I have one main blog, a second blog (that V has graciously started helping contribute to...any other takers? ), and a couple other very specific topic blogs...
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

I blog about pagan stuff mainly. I am still very new to blogging, and I am not always consistent about putting up new posts, but I am enjoying it. It is a great learning experience if nothing else.
                http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I just started myself, and I am actually quite glad I did, it is actually somewhat enjoyable... but I blog about mostly pagan-y things, and things that really mean something to me.
                  http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I been discovering its very easy to get off topic, in general. I mostly wanted it for pagan-y stuff too, but i find myself wanting to blog about random topics. I really like it so far, and I wonder if I'll be keeping it up. Might just change the topic of my blog all together xD make it mostly just about my life in general.

It's awesome that so many people can be such good writers and blog consistently. 101 in 1001 sounds crazy though, I couldn't do it.
                    Kemetic Blog - http://www.inspiringrainbow.wordpress.com

Bring your grains of Salt.

Comment

Originally posted by Domiel View Post
                      I been discovering its very easy to get off topic, in general. I mostly wanted it for pagan-y stuff too, but i find myself wanting to blog about random topics. I really like it so far, and I wonder if I'll be keeping it up. Might just change the topic of my blog all together xD make it mostly just about my life in general.

It's awesome that so many people can be such good writers and blog consistently. 101 in 1001 sounds crazy though, I couldn't do it.
                      I have put 1 random, ranty/chatty topic up, but I put it out of sequence with the normal posts I make (I am not im a position where I blog daily, or even a couple times a week.) If it is going to be off topic, it needs to be meaningful, to me and be on an odd day. Or you may consider a different blog for random rantings and musings.
                      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Well blogging is a great idea and a lot of fun. I have a photography blog and also a general one about miscellaneous things.... The one I really love is my new witch blog (deviantwitch.blogspot. co . uk/ ) You can check it out to have an idea about hos a blog is made or how to post etc, and if you want to ak anything about just contact me via my personal e-mail. You can find it inside my blog page.
                        I think that at least you should try to have your own blog, because it is a great hobby and a nice community.

Comment

I plan to inaugurate a blog, I've written many articles covering various topics (polytheism, environment protection, society etc.), also a book about philosophy of culturalism (but it would be more comfortable to release it in the guise of entries on a blog instead of in paper form). I'm just looking for a native english speaker who could help me checking out the grammar site of these publications. Well, my english is rather suboptimal. If you know onyone who could support me please let me know!

Comment

I have several blogs on different sites...half of them all have the same thing.

bigchesticles.tumblr.com - this has anything and everything from your usual entries to pics I like etc.
                            livingimages.tumblr.com - this has the pictures and photos I have created.
                            thegreenjasper.tumblr.com - my tumblr version of my online business blog.
                            donnarina.livejournal.com - same stuff as bigchesticles.
                            dgirl1986.blogspot.com.au - same stuff as bigchesticles.
                            masqueradite.blogspot.com.au - same stuff as livingimages.
                            There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
                            William Wordsworth

Comment

I would love to have a witch-y blog, but I don't feel I'm at the point where I have enough knowledge to be able to post much. Then again, it could be a good way to challenge myself to learn more!

Comment

Working...
                              X