Your favorite form of divintation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your favorite form of divintation?

I've tried my hand at a few different methods of divination - water scrying, crystal gazing, runes, ogham staves, pendulum, the cards - and I always go back and rely on my cards. I like tarot, but my personal favorite for every day meditation and guidance are my oracle decks. I find that despite studying tarot for over a decade I am still not terribly adept and remembering card meanings for the minor arcana, which makes tarot reading feel a bit willy-nilly for me; however, the free-form nature of oracle cards allows me to choose a card through intuition and meditate on the answer, spending time with the Divine, getting my answers. If I were comfortable enough reading cards for others, I would always use tarot, because it is more in-depth.

Comment

I like tarot, scrying in incense smoke and water (not together).

Comment

Tarot and Oracle decks. One of my decks is the Revelations deck (also the first deck I got) and it is SCARY accurate in it's readings. But I like that sort of brutal honesty so...it's not really a problem for me.

Comment

I'm afraid to use divination of some sort, because I'm afraid of what will come out. Though I do use my third eye chakra, since it's the most active one in my body. It helps me quite well. As far as my experience goes, it's quite handy in short-ranged divination. So I'm quite good here.

- - - Updated - - -

Hehe, for some time I completely forgot about this thread... Sorry guys.
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I feel I have dabbled in almost every type of divination. I own a circular black mirror, and a very large crystal ball for scrying, I own several different types of Tarot cards, and numerous books on the subject, I own a couple pendulums, but have really never used them as much as the others, I can read palms, and do Tea leaf readings, and then I of course have messed around with bone divination, the implantation of fire, and cracking of shapes carved into them. But for me, I must stick with Runes as my main bet. As a Heathen, knowing the old stories of Odin sacrificing himself for knowledge, and the Runes presenting themselves to him hits home. I feel Odins hand on my shoulder any time I take out one of my sets, and they have always been a lot more informative than any of the above.
            "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
            And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
            They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
            The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
            - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

For the most part, I use an oracle deck now. For some situations I'll use Tarot, scrying or runes.

Comment

I have three tarot decks as well as a pendulum and a set of runes made from snow flake obsidian. My pendulum and I are quite close. I have a thing for stones and I like the snow flake obsidian for divination.

I don't do much divination any more as I look at it negatively, not because it is negative in anyway shape or form but I guess because I don't like the kind of person I was. I have drifted from them because I am ashamed of my behavior at the time I was most heavily using it. I wanted things to happen and I tried "forcing" my will on my tools. Of course this was quite a few years back and I was young and I was naive but I miss treated them and feel I don't deserve them.

Maybe its time for a cleansing, and an asking for forgiveness. My decks are beautiful and I had a deep connection with them as well as my pendulum.
                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Working...
                X