No announcement yet.

Your favorite form of divintation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cards seem to work best for me thus far, though I am still wrapping my head around it.
    There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
    William Wordsworth

Comment

Re: Your favorite form of divintation?

Phallomancy just kidding I like the most simple method I've found so far. I just ask a question while praying and wait for an answer. Usually I get some kind of sign throughout the day and if I don't I default to tarot.

Comment

I like scrying in general. I use a pendulum, but I also have a fondness for the tarot. I have a deck I've been using for probably the past eight years now that I absolutely love. I'll try just about anything though, just to see how well it works for me. I even made my own set of witch's runes, but as I only recently made them, I haven't gotten the chance to experiment with them too much just yet.
        It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
        -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

My favorite is tarot course I haven't explored much else yet but plan to get around to it...eventually.

Comment

I like the ease of tarot/oracle cards but I am fond of my spirit boards but rather than using a planchette I use witching stones (by casting them on the spirit board) and/or runes. Essentially it is a modernized version of the ancient witching stone divination. As I do readings all over the globe I have a room set up with multiple camera angles for people to see the divination process in good detail. Of course it is much more fun when done face to face. I prefer scrying for my own personal divination.
            My posts are generally sent from my cell fone. Please excuse my brevity, and spelling/grammar errors.

Comment

Runes. I like that they are so straightforward. If I can't handle blunt (or I suspect the person I'm reading for can't) then I pull out a tarot deck.
              "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Most inclined to regarding the signs in nature, though use tarot every few weeks.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Tarot cards are probably my favorite, and the easiest for me to learn, although occasionally I've done pyromancy (fire divination), but I rarely have luck doing that...

Comment

I do not have a favorite as the need drives the manner or method I use. Thus water and oil Scrying beneath a full moon is a method I use frequently as is scrying upon the third eye for myself or to get a general feel for things. Scrying upon the surface of a soapy water or using clouds is another method I tend to use during the daytime. Scrying upon the flames or embers of a fire works pretty good though the smoke can really get to you if it follows you around, which is usually a sign to stop the reading in my experience. Reading of tarot cards is always with a Raider Wiate deck though i'll occasionally use a standard deck of 52 playing cards. Other times its strictly due to smell in that I go into nature and open my senses and focus upon the smells and scents that come to me on the breeze or rise from the ground. Other times its strictly visionary in that I hold an object of theirs, I say visionary for its not just about picking up vibrations of the past but currents coming into play in the future.
                    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Definitely runes, specifically the Elder Futhark. I like the fact that they don't skirt around the issue, or try to hide things in vague ways. When I'm looking for guidance or a little bit of insight, I prefer to be hit over the head with a rock rather than try to sift through a pile of sand for just the right grain. In fact, I'm planning on making myself a new set of them soon out of pewter. I've already created the mold for them, and just have to find the time to cast them.

That said, I do have a Tarot deck as well that I've had for years, that I get along with quite well even though I haven't used them for some time. Each card has a depiction of some story from Arthurian legend, which makes them easy to read and understand for me.

Comment

My favorite form is still currently my Tarot Cards. My cards have always been extremely blunt and straight to the point, just like me. I'd like to start learning runes and palm reading, but I haven't had much time or the proper resources to learn.
                        Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                        Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                        sigpic

Comment

Tarot and a type of Lithomancy shown to me a long, long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAdvocate View Post
                            Whats your favorite method of divintation?
                            Mine is alomancy(divintation by salt), because I have had good accuracy with it.

Cool. Never tried that before. My favorite method is tarot so far. I'm predictable.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Tarot and crystal ball scrying.

Comment

I consider myself to be a bit odd in it, but my favourite divination method has always been L-Rods - sometimes called dowsing rods.

Comment

Working...
                                X