X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    I use an app called Lose It! It saves meals for you so you can add the same meal anytime. And no notifications.

Though there is probably a way to turn notifications off.
    Yeah. It's weird that I'm getting the notifications and Medusa isn't. I get things like 'this food is high in vitamin A' and 'you have reached your fiber goal for today' popping up too. They appear just after I add the food and will appear in green, orange or red text depending on whether I'm being commended or blasted for my choice. It then vanishes when I add something else.

Thanks to Medusa I was able to work out how to save a meal. That's going to help!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
      Yeah. It's weird that I'm getting the notifications and Medusa isn't. I get things like 'this food is high in vitamin A' and 'you have reached your fiber goal for today' popping up too. They appear just after I add the food and will appear in green, orange or red text depending on whether I'm being commended or blasted for my choice. It then vanishes when I add something else.

Thanks to Medusa I was able to work out how to save a meal. That's going to help!
      So I did my week's meal prep and made out a menu. Talk about stressful. I have to figure out what I want to eat all week. I have to then spread out all my carbs according to my expenditure.
      I made all my sides today. A homemade potato salad (light mayo), a corn bread stuffing, and a spanish rice. Those are my three carbs I get to pick for the week. Protein is either my home made bean and cheese burrito (on wheat tortillas) or 3 ounces of skinless chicken breast strips with bbq sauce. Snacks are low sugar oatmeal, popcorn, low sugar applesauce, almonds and cucumbers/tomatoes with salt and pepper and a bit of vinegar and oil to munch on. I'm trying to start with only a few choices in each category to get the ball rolling. Then I just mix and match. I took this idea from when I was in the hospital and they give you that menu to choose from. It actually works. I can change it each day but I know that whichever combo I go with, I'm still in my nutrition range. I'm doing about 1200 to about 1600 calories a day. And lemme tell you...1200 of what I'm eating is a lot of food when I get to actually eat 4x a day now.

I didn't want to tell anyone but I was having some issues with my kidneys. The doc ran some more tests and he says everything is ok. But I was so worried. And after I saw the doc today I promised to really try to get all my numbers lowered. I pretty much scared myself straight. Now mind you, I've spent the last 2 hours meal prepping and figuring out the calories of each meal (but now I never have to do it again for those items and I saved the recipe so I can just repeat and eat). One day's worth of crunching numbers means all week I'm good to go.

sorry wall of text. I'm just happy about the kidneys. Thinking about how my mom died of renal failure and that it could be me was frightening. I've been a mess waiting for the test results. And per my usual, I just sucked it up and got on with life. So doing this gives me control and takes away the fear. Wish me luck. This is week two of my app. :^^:
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

You've got this!!! One step at a time, don't rush it or force it.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Second week of meal prepping and following a meal plan. I feel like I have control over my Diabetes a bit better. Of course I still had the issue tonight of a 89 reading. So yeah, Diabetic meal shakes are getting worked into the mix. But I'm slowly getting the hang of this.

Comment

I think I have like 4 hours left of my 24 hours Mira Grant collection audiobook left. I have been living in the post rise world for weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              Second week of meal prepping and following a meal plan. I feel like I have control over my Diabetes a bit better. Of course I still had the issue tonight of a 89 reading. So yeah, Diabetic meal shakes are getting worked into the mix. But I'm slowly getting the hang of this.
              Good on you!!

- - - Updated - - -

I have been given the approval to take my FMLA leave after our 6 weeks of layoff for Winter break if I want to. I don't know if I will be able to handle being home for 12 weeks especially the last 6 when KP goes back to work but it's nice to know I have a fantastic boss who is down for ensuring I get quality time and want to come back.
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

i have no idea where it came from, but I had the sudden idea today of something to teach my children as a way of getting back at all the harassment for "make me a grandma while I'm still hot" comments.....remember, we should always respect our elders-you know: mom, dad, aunts, uncles, teachers....however, we need to always be kind to the ancient ones-those of course being grandma and grandpa
                Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                sigpic

Comment

One more shift and two days off!

Also this is on my list to do!
                  It's possible that the page you were looking for has moved to a new location on our website. You can try using the search bar to find what you were looking for. Or please visit one of the suggested pages below...

Comment

2 days off finally! I'm going to stay up all night and do wild things.
                    I'm going to play Adventures of stars all night!
                    I'm going to look up Diabetic recipes all night!
                    I'm going to listen to QVC and HSN in the background all night!

*looks at clock

I'm sleepeeee

Comment

Originally posted by BenjamineDupont
                      When my loved boy give me a kiss
                      Son? Dog? Another "bit on the side"?
                      I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                      Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                      But that day you know I left my money
                      And I thought of you only
                      All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                        2 days off finally! I'm going to stay up all night and do wild things.
                        I'm going to play Adventures of stars all night!
                        I'm going to look up Diabetic recipes all night!
                        I'm going to listen to QVC and HSN in the background all night!

*looks at clock

I'm sleepeeee
                        I also have 2 nights off! That means I get to be awake during the day today. There's something big and shiney in the sky. I forget what it's called.

Seriously though, I have about 30 hours of stuff I want to do, to fit into the 9 hours of daylight we have left. I'm like a puppy chasing my tail here.
                        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

It is done.

siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

my 24 hour audiobook is over.

I got the happy ending I've been waiting for.

I.....I guess it's back to zombies. Wait..that was zombies. Now to spend the day figuring out what's next on my list.

Comment

This is day 21 of my meal plan and food prepping. My goal is to lose one pound per week.
                            I lost 4 pound so far!

It's working!

I'm doing iiiiiit!

Comment

Comment

^^
                                That all sounds awesome, Jem!

As for the potential job for you, could you use an alternative way to get there like cycling? I know people don't cycle nearly as much in the UK as they do here, but things are changing and it's super cheap!

Comment

Working...
                                X