X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Originally posted by LunarArtist View Post
    My brother and I finally found an apartment that will take both of us! �� It will be a huge stress reliever to have our own place again. Been cooped up in the family's basement since September. I will miss Mama, being on the river, and woods nearby. But this is a good start to the rest of our lives. ��
    That's great news! Congratulations!!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I finally get to see Wonder Woman next week!
      [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
        I finally get to see Wonder Woman next week!
        You're coming to see me?

Because you know I've been Wonder Woman since I wore glasses when I was 9. And I would do the Wonder Woman spin for my dad and remove my glasses. I even wore a white plastic headband on my forehead.

I AM Wonder Woman!!!!!
        *cues disco theme song.

I also could have died because I wore those Plastic face masks in the 80s that were totally NOT fire proof. Good times.:=I:
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          You're coming to see me?

Because you know I've been Wonder Woman since I wore glasses when I was 9. And I would do the Wonder Woman spin for my dad and remove my glasses. I even wore a white plastic headband on my forehead.

I AM Wonder Woman!!!!!
          *cues disco theme song.

I also could have died because I wore those Plastic face masks in the 80s that were totally NOT fire proof. Good times.:=I:
          Haha, I don't think I can be allowed to eneter the US in under one week!

Comment

Haha, I don't think I can be allowed to eneter the US in under one week!
            Yeah, plus that one time you said 'Death to America' might get you tazed by the TSA.

*edit. a word
            Last edited by Medusa; 11 Jun 2017, 14:18.

Comment

My boy finally got his Switch. He saves carefully, and thinks about how to spend. He refused to pre-order because he wanted to finish the school year and some early summer chores so he could really concentrate fully on Breath of the Wild as a reward. Of course, when he was ready, there were none to be found. We've been learning the delivery schedules of the stores, and trying to get there early. Today we had to stand in line for an hour before the store opened, but success! The rumor in line was that Nintendo was going to up production next month anyway. I think he enjoyed the hunt, TBH.

Comment

My Govt Lifeline phone got de-activated over night the other night! Just out of the blue. I figured I wouldn't qualify after this Oct. But I didn't expect them to just shut me off without a clue. Oh wait. They left me a voicemail stating you have been de-activated. Nice. Thanks. I wasn't too upset because I've been preparing to have to buy a phone and get service and have been researching anyways.

So I walked to my next door store from work (Cricket). It's the budget version of ATT&T. Also known for those old people commercials. Greaaat.

Picked up a 4g lte LG phone. I'm pretty sure it's like a basic start phone, but dang, it has everything I want and a nice screen and super thin, blah blah. Got the $50 unlimited text and calls and 8gigs of internet. I'm trying this out to see how much internet I use. If not enough, I'll move down to the 4g at $30. Thing is I know how to conserve my usage. I turn off all syncs while on data and only allow while in wifi (my home internet). I don't watch movies because on my breaks I'd rather listen to my podcasts. I have enough to keep me entertained every day.

What IS great is that I got the Uber app and tried it out for the first time! A few people at my store use it all the time. i didn't think it would be popular in my city. And I only live 2 miles down the street, so I was worried no one would want to pick me up. My ride came in five minutes and it only took 7 minutes total. I had him drop me off next door at the Burger Depot so I could get lunch first. I plan to use my bike when it's under 80. But it was 94 today! I don't want to be out in the heat anymore. And I don't need rides home because I live so close everyone just drops me off. And the best part? My fare was $5.74! Since I'm in the afternoons, it's not surge. The same ride Sat night was $10.

I also plan to use it to take me to the mall. Well I'll take the bus to shop. But I don't want to lug stuff around. Also it's going to save me when I go on vacations and get lost a mile from my destination. Happens every time. :^^:

Comment

Sounds like a good deal on the phone. I have 2G of data on mine and never even come close to 1. (Even when I was in NJ for a week!) You should be able to keep track in "settings" of how much you use in a time period.
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                    That's great news! Congratulations!!
                    Moving into our new home this Monday - I finally saw it for the first time today, though!

Thus, I'll be without internet, but will keep visiting the various wi-fi spots downtown to try to keep in touch. It will probably sooth my anxiety to have time away from social media, cos i am the anxious type. u.u' but, yeah, this is all i've been waiting for since the start of the year - yay! ^.^

Comment

I've been spending more time with an old friend. He's kind and funny and artistic and patient. I have slept next to him without the slightest hint of hanky panky twice now. When he hugs me goodbye, he holds on a tiny bit longer.

Today, I kissed him goodbye when I left him. I haven't stopped smiling like an idiot since.

I forgot people could feel this way.
                      Last edited by Bjorn; 02 Jul 2017, 14:28.
                      No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                        I've been spending more time with an old friend. He's kind and funny and artistic and patient. I have slept next to him without the slightest hint of hanky panky twice now. When he hugs me goodbye, he holds on a tiny bit longer.

Today, I kissed him goodbye when I left him. I haven't stopped smiling like an idiot since.

Woohoo! You go girl

Very happy for you

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post

*sigh* . . . That sounds SO sweet! ^-^

Comment

Went out with a girl, then asked her out again and she said yes!

She didn't run away, it's a miracle, hallelujah!

Last edited by Dumuzi; 05 Jul 2017, 06:50.

Comment

Went out with a girl, then asked her out again and she said yes!

She didn't run away, it's a miracle, hallelujah!
                              Yay! Second dates are better than the first.
                              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                              Sneak Attack
                              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                                Yay! Second dates are better than the first.
                                But third is where the action is.

Comment

Working...
                                X