This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

^^^ Excellent! And you still have money left from the $20. you found in your pocket.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post

I bought 12 bags.

Not sure what your freezing situation is, but if you have room...walnuts freeze well. You can keep a ton of them in the freezer, take 'em out as you plan to use them. So do pecans and almonds.

My neighbors back home had walnut and pecan trees, so we had it made.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        Not sure what your freezing situation is, but if you have room...walnuts freeze well. You can keep a ton of them in the freezer, take 'em out as you plan to use them. So do pecans and almonds.

My neighbors back home had walnut and pecan trees, so we had it made.
        I'ma eat them all.

muwahahahaha. Honestly though they will be my go to snack for work with some fruit.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'ma eat them all.

muwahahahaha. Honestly though they will be my go to snack for work with some fruit.
          Not sure how many they had, but I woulda buy them all!
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Not sure how many they had, but I woulda buy them all!
            I...I cleaned the shelf out.:shy:

And I placed them in my bike basket and rode off into the daylight. no regret!
            I'm thinking of toasting them in a bit of oil with salt and or sugar. Gonna look up some easy snack recipes for it. Any ideas, lemme know.

Also my oatmeal is gonna get fancy now.

Comment

I...I cleaned the shelf out.:shy:

And I placed them in my bike basket and rode off into the daylight. no regret!
              I'm thinking of toasting them in a bit of oil with salt and or sugar. Gonna look up some easy snack recipes for it. Any ideas, lemme know.

Also my oatmeal is gonna get fancy now.
              I've not tried it yet, but its a diy of my fave snacky (Sahale's Valdosta Pecans): https://cottagerswife.wordpress.com/...ldosta-pecans/

when I get around to making it, I'm gonna do wallys and pecans together, but I bet it would be good with just walnuts.

Pretty sure there are some ways to simplify the recipe.
              sigpic

Comment

When people send/give me random pieces of art. I got a letter today from a long time friend in Colorado, and she drew me this really detailed picture of a forest, with a small bead charm she made. It's absolutely beautiful!
                "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
                And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
                They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
                The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
                - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Being an employee in California has its benefits. California is one of the toughest states on having employee rights seriously followed. Especially their breaks and time and wages policies. Every single company I have worked for has had a class action settlement held against them. The tool place is no exception.

I got a check for $43. Yay. That's my summer shorts money. Free shorts!

Comment

I agree Duce,I always had a copy of the labor code with me at work. Also Cal OSHA is a good advocate for worker safety. I bought their handy dandy pocket edition of the code. That would stop a boss in their tracks if they were trying to play fast and loose.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Yeah, we have them up in the back. It's the break thing that gets employers in trouble.
                      If you work minute 1 to hour 5, you have to get a 10 minute paid break. You work a minute over 5 hours you must take a unpaid 30 minute AND it must be taken in the first 3 hours. If you work 8 you get your 30 minutes unpaid and 2 10 minute breaks paid. You have to have at least 8 hours between work shifts. And a bunch of other stuff. We get emails all the time. Don't forget do NOT text/call an employee who has called out sick. That's considered harassment. If an employee doesn't come to work in 3 shifts they are terminated. We never terminate on the spot. We put on suspension. Because if you get fired on the spot, they have to pay you cash your wages on the spot. The 3 day 'suspension' is so we can get your crap together and fire you. The rule around town is you get suspended. You never come back from suspension.

It's all so wordy. But good, if you ask me.

Oh I should add. I work for CIA/NASA/FBI. Because I have to clock in with my employee number AND my finger print!

Comment

If an employee doesn't come to work in 3 shifts they are terminated.
                        Is this a no call-no show, or a legit I have the super ick and you don't want me to breathe on you (like having the real influenza flu, etc)?
                        sigpic

Comment

Is this a no call-no show, or a legit I have the super ick and you don't want me to breathe on you (like having the real influenza flu, etc)?
                          Ah yes. No call no show. Which is why we don't call certain employees when they get 'sick' over the weekend. That way we can say, you didn't call or show for 3 days. You are out. This actually happened with one employee a few weeks ago. He stopped showing up all week. Come the next week he calls for his schedule. My boss is like no dude, you don't work here anymore.

Also our company is cool that it gives paid time off and sick hours to all employees pt or ft. Every pay check whatever hours you have worked get converted a certain amount to pto. I have 78 hours horded away!

Comment

My little podunk town is always kvetching how they don't want any governmental control, etc., and they want prayer in public school, blah blah blah. So they just found out they're getting a cut in funding for schools next year and the superintendent is now whining how we don't get equitable treatment. BWAHAHAHAHAHA
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Tomorrow I'm going to Holland & Barrett to stock up on yummy vegan things.

Comment

I'm finally almost as good at singing as when I majored in jazz vocal. Practicing a lot really does help!

Comment

Working...
                                X