X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Things that make you smile

*danger mitten bump

So I'm feeling motivated to get back into taking care of my health. I fell off the wagon for summer. Yay!
    I've been back to swimming. But it gets boring. But! I just got my amazon order in of a waterproof mp3 player. So I can listen to my audiobooks/podcasts while swimming.

And speaking of exercise. I got myself doing 30 minutes of at home workout videos from youtube. I have a list so I don't get bored. Mostly low impact high calorie burn. I can't be jumping but dang I'm sweating it up. Also added in Belly dancing and Hot Hula. I even do it barefoot in my bedroom. I just want to get those 3x a week of movement in.

Then I started eating those chia seeds. And they are a miracle food. My sugar has been getting under control. And it's pretty yummy. Next week I'm experimenting with chia choco pudding and chia pudding with almond milk unsweetened. I'm also adding in coconut shavings and taking a trip to Whole Foods for some keto granola. I've noticed when I get home late I don't eat as much. The chia really keeps me full.

And I just got my fit tracker watch. It shows specifically my heart rate and bp. I need that because my dr is saying it's high when I'm at the office. But I tell her I've tested outside of the office and it's pretty ok. So this has a usb in it and it's also paired to my phone. This way I can show her what's going on.

So yeah, that's what is making me smile. I'm just trying to go really slow and steady. Little things to add.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

There hasn't been much cause for smiles in the last four months. I moved 1500km south for school in September, and my partner of 4+ years chose spontaneously not to follow me down (as was the plan). Over September and October, I heard from him less and less, and in November, I asked for a break. Since then, we've almost not spoken. In December, I was supposed to fly home for the holidays, and he ghosted me for three straight weeks beforehand. Not feeling welcome in my own home, I stayed down south for the holidays and spent Christmas with some friends. I'm financially in trouble, my car is falling apart and I can't fix it, and my dog needs to go to the vet. Some days, it seems like my entire life is falling apart at the seams, but...I still find things to smile about.

- My anti-depressants are doing a great job of keeping me alive.
      - I'm getting swole.
      - I've only got a few friends here, but they're really great, great people.
      - I have a grade point average of 4.2, and I worked hard to earn it.
      - With my partner MIA, I've met someone down here who reminds me what it's like to feel loved, and it is good.
      - I've spent the entire holidays painting, and that makes me unbearably happy.
      - I've rediscovered passion (for education, for love, for the world).

Lesson: There's always good with the bad.
      “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

I'm so happy that I have my own Facebook Groups: One my childhood school Facebook Group and Two my Lenormand & Tarot Facebook Group. So far there's no drama in both these group and I would like to keep it that way.

Comment

Josh Dela Cruz's very existence. 💙

Comment

Having Firefox as a day to day browser again (instead of the one that was devoted solely to use for purchases) and almost immediately finding a feature that I hadn't seen in Opera.
            "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
            ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I got a scam message threatening me with an arrest warrant. I am amused.
              "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
              ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                I got a scam message threatening me with an arrest warrant. I am amused.
                Aren't they fun?
                “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                  Aren't they fun?
                  I mean, I have to give credit. They left a voice message. Most don't. Also, this is only maybe the second time someone has tried that particular scam on me.
                  ―Thon

Yoda

Comment

[post deleted my user]
                    Last edited by Guest; 28 Sep 2021, 00:13.

Comment

Bella and Lily (my two fur babies) are the highlight of my life. I don't know how I got along without them. Lily and Bella are sisters through and through. It's so fun to watch them interact with each other and it gives me and my family happiness everyday. bellalily1.jpgbellalily2.jpgbellalily3.jpg
                      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                        Bella and Lily (my two fur babies) are the highlight of my life. I don't know how I got along without them. Lily and Bella are sisters through and through. It's so fun to watch them interact with each other and it gives me and my family happiness everyday. [ATTACH=CONFIG]5550[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5551[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5552[/ATTACH]
                        Gotta love pups!

Our pups are ginormous. When they play, we end up with 130 lb ball of fuzzy destruction twirling about the house, sweeping everything that isn't already broken into dark corners.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                        Bella and Lily (my two fur babies) are the highlight of my life. I don't know how I got along without them. Lily and Bella are sisters through and through. It's so fun to watch them interact with each other and it gives me and my family happiness everyday. [ATTACH=CONFIG]5550[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5551[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5552[/ATTACH]
                        Gotta love pups!

Our pups are ginormous. When they play, we end up with 130 lb ball of fuzzy destruction twirling about the house, sweeping everything that isn't already broken into dark corners.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

The fact that I've come for a visit and find so many of you are still here!!!
                          Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

All of western Canada is going to hell, but the fresh snowfall turns my old dog back into a pup, and I love it.
                            “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

Does your pup do snow angels?

My beagle used to...
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                                Does your pup do snow angels?

My beagle used to...
                                No, but he does divebomb and bury his head in the snow.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X