This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

My three year old son watched me wrapping breakables in paper...come back into the room and every. Last. One. Of his large logo blocks are wrapped up. He says he's ready to move, now.
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
      My three year old son watched me wrapping breakables in paper...come back into the room and every. Last. One. Of his large logo blocks are wrapped up. He says he's ready to move, now.
      That is adorable!!!! xxx
      "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

It just keeps getting better! I've been catching up with my friend and she is pregnant!! I'm so happy for her. She married a British resident so will be staying here for good too, so I'll get to see the child grow up (I'll probably never have my own children, so I flex my maternal instincts with the kids of my friends!). I'm off all next week so I'll be able to hang out with her then. We've got so much catching up to do. Thank the gods for Facebook!!
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Managed to make it to the gym today. This makes me smile.

Mostly art.

Comment

Qi gong has changed my massage! I go even slower, my strokes matching my breath at 2 per minute...I feel more in tune with my client's body, and hte results so far are really great! oh- and hte sunrise was beautiful today

Comment

I'll be playing Mass Effect 3 in less than an hour.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I finished a painting and found some old life drawings I feel I should re-generate x
                "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

light blue long sleeve dress shirt: $12.98
                  Navy blue pleated dress pants: $21.97
                  Brown leather belt: $12
                  Red suspenders: $6.50
                  toy Vortex Manipulator: $23

Cosplaying as Captain Jack Harkness alongside your friend as the 10th Doctor: Priceless.

i cant wait til this weekend.... lol maybe i'll meet a sentient being cause thats all that matters right? XD lol
                  "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

I think I made a friend today.

Mostly art.

Comment

What is making me smile is bittersweet.

After reading about the declared candidates, there is one candidate who doesn't sound like a raving loony bigot (can you imagine that?!). It's Fred Karger. Right now, based on reading about him, I would totally vote for him. Too bad there's not a chance in hell he'll be picked to run. It's always the sensible ones who don't get to try. Oh, well, at least Rick Perry has withdrawn. Most of the others still scare me, though.

Comment

Catching up with people I haven't seen in a decade (literally) and we can almost pick up where we left off is making me smile right now.
                        my etsy store
                        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                        surrounded by plush, downy things,
                        ill prepared, but willing,
                        to descend."

Comment

There must be something in the air Caelia, because this is happening for me too! Tomorrow, I meet up with my old Japanese teacher, for coffee and a good ol' catch up (thought I'd never see her again, so I can't describe how happy this makes me), then at the weekend, I'm going girly shopping with another Japanese friend whom I recently met online. FINALLY, I have a chance to iron out all the made up Japanese JP and I have been using! ^^
                          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I'm getting a promotion!

I am going to pricing, and I'm going to be trained in customer service. Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity View Post
                              I'm getting a promotion!

I am going to pricing, and I'm going to be trained in customer service. Yay!
                              Woot! Congrats

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                              There must be something in the air Caelia, because this is happening for me too! Tomorrow, I meet up with my old Japanese teacher, for coffee and a good ol' catch up (thought I'd never see her again, so I can't describe how happy this makes me), then at the weekend, I'm going girly shopping with another Japanese friend whom I recently met online. FINALLY, I have a chance to iron out all the made up Japanese JP and I have been using! ^^
                              I agree. I suspect it has to do with just everyone wanting a change and looking to people they remember being a great impact.
                              my etsy store
                              My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                              surrounded by plush, downy things,
                              ill prepared, but willing,
                              to descend."

Comment

Smiling now cuz it is so pretty today

Comment

Working...
                                X