This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

So a lady came to my store yesterday who grew up near where I used to live in England and she told me that there now existed an online store that sold British teas, marmalade, jams, clotted cream, pudding, candies, chocolate, and all manner of gift sets related. So, after having a nightmare about having the baby I can never have and the dream re-enactment of my life in England a few years back, I decided to look up this store... and 'lo and behold....

Shop English Tea Store today for Fast Shipping on Tea, British Foods, Teapots, Tea Sets & Gift Baskets! SAVE BIG with Low Prices & Weekly Promotions!

They even carry my beloved and so-far unable-to-find-in-the-us rice pudding, my aero candy, and oodles of tea. ^^ Writing up wish-lists for when the holidays hit and I (in theory) should have some spending money....

Comment

After 4 years of banjos and hymns, this town finally got a good radio station!!!! 70's/80's/90's, I'm just loving it!!!!
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
        After 4 years of banjos and hymns, this town finally got a good radio station!!!! 70's/80's/90's, I'm just loving it!!!!
        AWW HELL YEAH.

Speaking of the radio, my new position at work has me working in a more communal area where wearing headphones is not really an option, so we listen to the radio station that the supervisor puts on, which is the classic rock station. I work with nothing but males and they all get along really well, so I sort of stepped into a giant multiple way bromance circle and one of their bonding rituals is to bet on the radio. It's only for dollars, but it's ridiculously fun.

Band vs Band is where you and one other person throw down a dollar to pit two bands against each other. The first band to play wins.
        Next AC/DC song is where everyone pools a dollar into a pint glass and takes bets to see which song will play next. Winner takes the pot.
        Led Zeppelin is where you bet that LZ won't play within the next X minutes (this one is almost always lost, they play LZ constantly)

I won two of my bets, and took the pot. FECKYESH
        No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

After 2 months of trying to support my work schedule and daily demands, and my husband's schedule of work, college and volunteering on one single car; my second car is again (almost) functional. By almost, I mean it's in pieces, but it will be put back together this weekend (or so I'm told) and now the engine runs. What I was afraid was a computer glitch (because I was told it would cost around $1000 to fix) was actually a computer glitch, but both new computers cost me $100 together so I'm pretty happy. ^^

On the downside, we didn't get any of the 50 scholarships I applied for, but meh. At least I can say I tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
            AWW HELL YEAH.

Speaking of the radio, my new position at work has me working in a more communal area where wearing headphones is not really an option, so we listen to the radio station that the supervisor puts on, which is the classic rock station. I work with nothing but males and they all get along really well, so I sort of stepped into a giant multiple way bromance circle and one of their bonding rituals is to bet on the radio. It's only for dollars, but it's ridiculously fun.

Band vs Band is where you and one other person throw down a dollar to pit two bands against each other. The first band to play wins.
            Next AC/DC song is where everyone pools a dollar into a pint glass and takes bets to see which song will play next. Winner takes the pot.
            Led Zeppelin is where you bet that LZ won't play within the next X minutes (this one is almost always lost, they play LZ constantly)

I won two of my bets, and took the pot. FECKYESH
            That's funny! I used to play a game with myself called "divination by radio" - With the radio off, I'd ask a question, and then say, "the next song I hear from the beginning will answer me" - kind of like tarot but just being silly. Oddly, there were plenty of times where a clear answer was given - but I never thought of it as more than a game. It's pretty easy to project stuff into lyrics.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
              That's funny! I used to play a game with myself called "divination by radio" - With the radio off, I'd ask a question, and then say, "the next song I hear from the beginning will answer me" - kind of like tarot but just being silly. Oddly, there were plenty of times where a clear answer was given - but I never thought of it as more than a game. It's pretty easy to project stuff into lyrics.

That sounds like a fun game, like a aural horoscope or something. You sound very similar to me when you say that you never thought of it as more than a game -- sometimes I am so practical that I forget to let the little spiritual sprout inside enough light to grow!

But yes, it IS easy to project varying interpretations into lyrics which is why every song when you're in love sounds like it was written for you, zoooomg.
              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                That sounds like a fun game, like a aural horoscope or something. You sound very similar to me when you say that you never thought of it as more than a game -- sometimes I am so practical that I forget to let the little spiritual sprout inside enough light to grow!

But yes, it IS easy to project varying interpretations into lyrics which is why every song when you're in love sounds like it was written for you, zoooomg.
                "Aural horoscope", I like that! I always thought it was hilarious when I'd meet some guy and ask (the radio) for a clue if this would be a big romance, and get a song like "Love Stinks".

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                Haven't read this one yet, should I?
                Well, I honestly can't say who would or wouldn't like it, but I loved it! It wasn't about the Illuminati, etc., but had Langdon following obscure hints to find something, which I enjoyed in Brown's other work as well.
                sigpic

Comment

Yippee!! I've been offered a promotion to forum staff! Don't choke on your coffee, it's not on this forum, so you're quite safe! Yeah, the creator of 'Speak 日本語!' (nihongo: Japanese), the forum I keep sneaking off to behind PF's back, has offered me the position. I've no idea what it entails other than being nice to noobs (or 新米 as I like to call them, because mixing in Japanese to your English definitely makes you cool and not a sad Japan nerd or anything: well it works the other way around), but it's such an honour I couldn't refuse.

I'm not sure why me exactly, but I think it was because of my contribution to topics. It's a small forum so an active member stands out a lot more than in a big metropolis like Pagan Forum. So I guess that's why. Or maybe she just thought I was 物知りナンバーワン!(monoshiri nanbaa wan: number one clever clogs or words to that effect -see.. English words in Japanese is super cool!). I er.. doubt that one though somehow. ^^

Sorry for the Japanese, I just thought such an announcement called for a least a peppering and of course, the title of the forum does actually have kanji in it!
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Countdown to puppy (and subsequent picture spamming): 2 DAYS.
                    It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
                    -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

my daughter ♥
                      IMG_20130816_143701.jpg

Comment

This :,)

turtedogs.jpg

Comment

Hermit crabs!

Comment

My hubby brought me home a baked smore with a marshmallow the size of a brick! Yay! Marshmallows the size of bricks!

also cold raspberry mead...
                            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

The road construction that's been going on for 4 months now, which has been lengthening my commute by 25 minutes seems to be almost completed. I drove past it tonight and noticed that they've gotten the tar down and it's been evened out, so maybe they just have to complete the lines and it's done? I hope, because this 10 mile detour is dire.

Also, I splurged a little bit and bought tea, eclaires, and replaced one of my favorite books ever (written by Sonny Barger) that was lost in the move from Slovenia to the US. This copy, however, is a signed collectible!

Comment

I got my groceries home in my little rolling cart.
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X