X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Something that makes me smile is that there is someone to live for. ^_^
    Yep. Certainly.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Came home after 11 pm. Needed to make some toast for my sad din din. The two dogs in the kitchen just chilled and left my feet alone. The pit is learning!
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

OMG. A new audiobook came out at my library! Daniel Wilson's sequal to Robopocalypse called Robogenisis. The first one was so good! I cried having to leave that story behind. But now a sequal. I'm so giddy! Yay.

/booknerd

Comment

I was going through my poor neglected blog's stats when I realized I have like... 15 followers and have been referred a couple dozen times. I should really get back on that and finish up the half-written articles I've been sitting on for the past several months.

Comment

Camping with Monk & Little Woman. K'Roe & #2 Daughter were there for the rainy days.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I love my job.

Four healthy, robust and precocious little Aussie Bulldogs bought to life with my own hands. Caesarians are fast, frenetic, stressful and very, very messy... but they really are the best part of my job.

Comment

"The bond that links one's true family is not one of blood but of joy and respect in each others' lives. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof." ~ R. Bach

The truth to that quote really makes me smile.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Took my two daughters to the beach today. It's fun watching the kids play in the water - they're 20 & 25...

I also used the trip as an opportunity to kayak - I believe I put in a couple of miles on Lake Huron, and my arms feel pleasantly tired instead of the usual joint pain for a change.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Went to Walmart because my ethernet cable died. I first got one at Radioshack for $17.99! 14 dang feet! Thankfully I saved the receipt because I got a 3 foot black flat sided cable for only $5.99!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand a Wolverine t shirt at Walmart for $7.50!

Comment

I bought a shirt at Walmart, last week, for a dollar. A friggen DOLLAR.

But it didn't have Wolvie on it. It just makes a comment about all these kids and asks "why are they calling me grandpa?"

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Today was duckling day in the bath tub - their first foray into their natural environment.

Gerald (or Geraldine ???) the miracle goose got a bath too.

Comment

The cat went missing 15 days ago. We were sure he was a kitty pancake somewhere, or had left to pass away, since he's older.

Tonight on the way to get me from work, L saw some people looking under a truck and decided to pull over.

They were looking for their orange cat and found ours instead.

He's filthy, and skin and bones, but he's home. I can't stop crying.
                          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
                            The cat went missing 15 days ago. We were sure he was a kitty pancake somewhere, or had left to pass away, since he's older.

Tonight on the way to get me from work, L saw some people looking under a truck and decided to pull over.

Awe, that makes me smile too.

Comment

Aw glad to hear it Dez. .. xxx
                              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                              Seen the desert and the birds
                              You cut your hair short
                              Like a shush to an insult
                              The world had been yelling
                              Since the day you were born
                              Revolting with anger
                              While it smiled like it was cute
                              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Oh that is so wonderful ... I am smiling now, three!

Comment

Working...
                                X