This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

...sunshine on my face, wind in my hair, sand between my toes, and the sound of waves lapping at the shoreline. I love my beach....I love my life.

Comment

Post-coital endorphins.

Mostly, I wanted to use the word 'coital'. ;D
      “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=80.msg3932#msg3932 date=1287343253]
        Post-coital endorphins.

Mostly, I wanted to use the word 'coital'. ;D
        [/quote]

*snicker*

But seriously, I agree ;D

Comment

Watching my kitty sleep while she's perched on my computer~ <3
          Wild Witchy Dusk | TwitterMy Art Blog | My Deviantart

Comment

[quote author=Storm link=topic=80.msg3919#msg3919 date=1287341149]
            ...sunshine on my face, wind in my hair, sand between my toes, and the sound of waves lapping at the shoreline.
            [/quote]

Same.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

My dad came in to visit from TX and bought me some birthday presents! I got My Ishmael finally and I can't wait to finish it (of course, I've already started it)! He also got me some mixing bowls I desperately needed and... oh, yeah, he got us A NEW CHARCOAL GRILL/SMOKER!

Comment

Hey Rafe?!

I still have some venison steaks, to grill!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

my uni lecturers being so cool to me even though this is the fith day in a month that I haven't turned up :-\

Comment

I finally set my PF bookmark, on this phone.

That'll make navigation a little easier. At least... getting HERE will be.

:-)

Comment

My son is walking around the house with a loaf of bread as big as he is...no idea how he got it...LOL
                      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I think there's a new Medium I haven't seen yet. I hear tell there's really a twist. I'm worried about Scanlon, but only a little because the writer's say I have to. Mostly I think he's a jerk.

Oh, and I'm smiling because I'm having fun on Pet Society

Comment

im smiling cos ive got my tattoo done... it hurt more than any of the others but it means something and its done now.. and I'm happy

Comment

getting somehow better security on this site to get rid of trolls and solicitors would make me smile... but then again this format is the temp forum anyway... I should move this post to the suggestions... but I'm sure someone will see it
                            "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

[quote author=Dufonce link=topic=80.msg4742#msg4742 date=1287492338]
                              getting somehow better security on this site to get rid of trolls and solicitors would make me smile... but then again this format is the temp forum anyway... I should move this post to the suggestions... but I'm sure someone will see it
                              [/quote]

Actually...it doesn't matter where you go...thats not a software fix. As long as companies are willing to hire real people to spam, there is a real brain to fill out the capcha.
                              “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
                              ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
                              ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Waking up to a sunrise coming through my window. (although, they were better when I had a face to wake up to.)
                                “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X