Page 51 of 449 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that make you smile

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Canaanite Polytheism

Re: Things that make you smile

Booking a hotel with my little sis for Otakon this summer in Baltimore, MD. I've been wanting to attend an anime convention for over ten years and my dorky dreams are finally coming true!
    "Gardens are not made by singing "Oh, how beautiful," and sitting in the shade." - Rudyard Kipling

Mathbatu: A Canaanite Polytheist's Blog
    Sparrow Wings: A Personal Blog

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

I bowled a practice game of 144. And...a turkey! (3 strikes in a row). I think I've finally figured out my pace (which has been a problem trying to find a comfy stride.
    Satan is my spirit animal

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

I just realized (via fb update) that it's swimwear time! Back story as to why I'm so damned happy. I had a wonderful sexy bathing suit from Torrid last year. I had it quite a few years actually. I paid a good damn penny for it too! Torrid swimwear runs about $69 plus tax. Actually a normal price if you can believe it. Anyways I wore it swimming to the gym only a handful of times. I forgot it in the showers and it was snagged! So I purchased another suit from Walmart. It's ok. But it's a little saggy and it's not as snug as I would like. So...now I can buy a new suit! And...I found out Old Navy has them in plus size! So I'm heading there tomorrow to spend some of my tip money I work so hard to save and never spend! Plus with all the chlorine of last year swimming...it's good to update my suit.

Jun 2005
    Religion
    Kemetic
    Phrase
    Ferocious as a furby

I weighed myself and found I'm back down to my weight I was a few years ago. That means I'm 20 pounds away from my ultimate goal of 150 pounds.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Plus with all the chlorine of last year swimming...it's good to update my suit.
    TRy to find a 100% polyester suit. They last far longer in the chlorine. I can generally get a year out of them, going to the pool almost every day and being in the water for 2-4 hours at a time (other suits last me maybe 2-3 months).
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

May 2006
    Religion
    Atheist

Its good to feel relaxed somewhat. X
    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

The flowers that just arrived at my door via a courier. I was so taken aback that I had to double check that he had the right address!
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

May 2006
    Religion
    Atheist

I slept last night. All night and woke up feeling ok! X
    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

Late night chat with Hassan makes me smile.

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Canaanite Polytheism

Finalizing my fall vacation. A week touring Switzerland, a night in northern Italy to visit Lake Maggiore, and four nights in Paris. Woohoo!
    "Gardens are not made by singing "Oh, how beautiful," and sitting in the shade." - Rudyard Kipling

Mathbatu: A Canaanite Polytheist's Blog
    Sparrow Wings: A Personal Blog