New Global Moderator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Global Moderator

Hello all! I was going wait until I got off work to make this announcement but I just couldn't wait anymore.

We're excited to be able to announce that we have added a new team member to the PF staff. He's been a member for quite some time and we feel that he will make a very good fit. Most of you have already gotten to know him over the years or at least seen his posts around the boards.

Please help me in welcoming MaskedOne aboard!

Congratulations!
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Re: New Global Moderator

Woot! Congrats, MaskedOne

Comment

Fantabulous. Now where's the celebratory booze?
      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
      -Erik Erikson

Comment

Way to go! Congrats!
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Wonderful news! Congratulations!
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, all.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Noooooo what have you done!
              [4:82]

Comment

Mwahahahaha!!!
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

uh oh... will bans now be called Exterminatus?
                  "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

I don't have to pull that option. There's an ordo hereticus termination seal somewhere around the web...

Comment

There no height to which a madman may aspire, assuming said madman may be known to aspire at all. It is certainly known far and wide, from beyond the mountains of the frost ridden Hyperborians, and beyond the legended borders of the Sun roasted Southren Men, and of the Moores, and Ethyopes, that madmen love the texture and flavor of green vegetables, although melons and pineapples predominate where mice cavort.

Nonetheless, mittens grow under duress when dungeon us crabs survive the oil spills. Twenty-wild blue eyed bass cavort in death spasms on the grass, the lawn is clean, lalala, jelly bean. Association's lingerie betray in almost ever way.

At this point, I imagine the imaginative reader has decided that there isn't a very high probability that anything coherent will be coming out of this mock speech, and has, therefore, skipped to the end. The end result of that is that I am now left talking only to the dullards. Listen up you dullards! You're too dense to know this yet, but some day, far in the future (unless you're a HillBilly) you will tell your grandchildren of this day.

And so, in conclusion, I want to congratulate MaskedOne. Power and authority couldn't have been turned over to anyone less likely to use it with wisdom and restraint.

- Corbin
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'll possibly figure out a good response to that when I can keep a straight face for ten seconds. Thanks Corbin.

Comment

I always thought he was a mod already honestly
                          Circe

Comment

I absolutely adore Corbin's imagination!!!!

Congratulations, MaskedOne!!

Now. How to unmask the masked? Who IS this guy, really??

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Hah! Grats Masked! Excellent choice for the job
                              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Working...
                              X