Heh, Fox News is at it again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh, Fox News is at it again

It seems a lot of Pagans are pissed about this. As an advocate of free speech and opponent of media fascism, I don't want Fox News to be censored, nor do I want any empty apologies forced out of them. Let them display their ignorance.

I cannot figure out how to post youtube videos, in spite of the fact that I've seen you all spell it out before, so here's the link.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
    -Erik Erikson

Re: Heh, Fox News is at it again

I heard a lot of personal opinions being broadcasted there and only little facts. I think that these anchors need to familiarize themselves with what they're reporting before making themselves look foolish. Though, from what I hear, Fox News seems to be pro at that anyway.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

He sounds so smug at 0:10
      Back in High School I had a teacher who was such a huge conservative that he made us watch 30 minutes of Fox News every class. I gained a whole new level of hatred for Fox that year. I didn't think it could frustrate me any more than it already did. Then I saw this.
      Buncha self righteous, intellectually dishonest, obnoxious dicks as far as I'm concerned. I have absolutely no respect for their organization.

- - - Updated - - -

The woman at 1:30ish refers to recognizing pagan holidays as "anti-tradition". The holidays celebrated by pagans are much older than the holidays celebrated by mainstream christianity. Talk about irony.

Comment

I'm more offended by their abuse of media, voicing their ignorant, uneducated opinions on a NEWS network. Voice your opinions elsewhere... twitter, facebook, hell buy a goddamn Fox Opinion Network. but keep the news network for news, for facts. and leave the ignorance out of it. I know the news has always juiced up stories to try to make them more interesting, and slightly misleading people even while providing the facts... why are they allowed to voice personal opinions? its their job to provide us with news, not propaganda.... or antipaganda?
        "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

Originally posted by Dufonce View Post
          I'm more offended by their abuse of media, voicing their ignorant, uneducated opinions on a NEWS network. Voice your opinions elsewhere... twitter, facebook, hell buy a goddamn Fox Opinion Network. but keep the news network for news, for facts. and leave the ignorance out of it. I know the news has always juiced up stories to try to make them more interesting, and slightly misleading people even while providing the facts... why are they allowed to voice personal opinions? its their job to provide us with news, not propaganda.... or antipaganda?
          Agreed. If they want a soapbox to stand on that ought to be the kind of show they have, not their biased, uneducated opinions masqueraded as news. But then, Facebook wouldn't pay them to go off on tangents.
          Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
          -Erik Erikson

Comment

Yup, that's totally how I chose my religion - the number of holidays it involved.
            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Any press is good press, even bad press.

I especially like the part where we are being controlled by the whatsit agendas.

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
                The holidays celebrated by pagans are much older than the holidays celebrated by mainstream christianity.
                Yes, but those are not AMERICAN traditions. As we all know this Country was founded, by Fundamentalist Christian Conservatives, to be a Christian Nation.
                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                  Yes, but those are not AMERICAN traditions. As we all know this Country was founded, by Fundamentalist Christian Conservatives, to be a Christian Nation.
                  I am so sorry, I forgot that all of the founding fathers were pro-life, anti-gay Christians whose example we should all follow, lest the country fall into the hands of atheists and *gasp* lesbians.

Comment

Actually, I thought it was hilarious - like watching an American version of "An Idiot Abroad," using smug sophists in place of the looser.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I was reading some of the tripe, the responses, to a number of those videos, yesterday. All I could think of was, "wow. Some people really are that pissy."

Faux News Channel, just like every other media business, relies on a sales team that sells advertising time and space. Enter, the word 'demographics'. It is to that end that I find boundless humor in the fact that so many Wiccans, and other pagans, seem to be out for blood over some stupid commentary on one of Faux's shows. I can't imagine how ignorance in one form is somehow better or more righteous than ignorance in another form. Neither of those forms are even remotely familiar with what they're talking about. But, you know, unscripted ad lib doesn't require a hell of a lot of research. Nor does blind 'retaliation', for lack of a better term.

The whole mess just strikes me as failed satire. I know I should be laughing but it's hard to decide who... someone incensed over a relatively trivial piece of openly biased dialogue? Or some wannabe pundit opening their mouth wide enough to fit both their feet?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I can't bring myself to be offended by idiots :P x
                        "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I think this segment triggered a sense of panic in a lot of Pagans, myself included, because some Pagans that have had to deal with discrimination or prejudice in the past. I struggled to get my family to understand my choice, and they just treated me like a fool. I would rather have had to convince them I wasn't a bad person than a stupid one. So on a certain level, I understand the outrage.

But this is what Fox "News" does. It's a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                            lol...

and, for the topic at hand...ugh. Really, that is all I can say. Its Faux News, so I'm not surprised. But on the other hand, I get why people are irritated. I am. I just prefer...to not feed the trolls. Oh, I'll be commenting on my blog, and I'll post the youtube link, because I think people should know what is going on...but the protests and such, I'd prefer not to give Faux News the satisfaction of receiving badly written petitions demanding meaningless apologies.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                              but the protests and such, I'd prefer not to give Faux News the satisfaction of receiving badly written petitions demanding meaningless apologies.
                              Yeah, the protests won't lead much of anywhere. The best way to counter this is probably to get the right information out there, rather than attempt to pressure Fox into issuing an apology. Try to dispel some of the ignorance out there and show Fox for the fools they are. Of course, it's still very frustrating- even if expected- that they took this approach. There's already so much misunderstanding and incorrect information floating around about the pagan community, and Fox has a huge viewership
                              Ah well, I think it's worth dealing with some silly, misinformed prejudiced to follow the path that is in your heart.

Comment

Working...
                              X